6/10/15

Thankful


This is an old post and I'm not sure why it posted again. Enjoy a walk down memory lane! 















I'm 29 weeks now. It's funny how every week I love to say, "Oh I'm ___ weeks!" 11 more weeks to go. It does feel like time is slowing down a little bit. Time is slow and the weather just keeps getting hotter! It use to bug the heck out of me when someone would tell me with pity they felt sorry for me because I was going to be pregnant during the summer. FEEL SORRY FOR ME!! Everyone was right! It's only been to about 110 and let me tell you it's not fun! Even in the high 90s...sheesh! I know I go from air conditioned building, to air conditioned car, to air conditioned house, but let me tell you, it doesn't matter! Being hot and pregnant is a different story that's just a sweaty mess!

This past week I came down with some sort of stomach bug. It hit me pretty hard and I couldn't keep anything down. I have been eating apple sauce and drinking fluids for a couple days. I had an appointment on Wednesday and the doctor reassured me that Max was a-ok. He was kicking up a storm and trying to hide from her when she was checking his heart beat. It was funny. She also explained how he was positioned in my belly, so it was fun to actually know how he is in there and know if he's either punching or kicking me. Mostly kicking....strong kicks. :)

I also had to get blood work done to make sure I wasn't dehydrated. Good news is that I'm not dehydrated. Bad news is that I had to go back to have more blood drawn because my liver enzymes are elevated. I, of course, have no idea what that means and I didn't talk to the doctor, just the girl who told me that I needed to come in to get blood taken. So I google. Google isn't a good thing. It's not a friend. I always find information that freaks me out! I'm not a doctor so I don't know what they are looking for, and I won't know until next week. Now the waiting begins, which is always the tough part. Hopefully everything is good!






From the beginning this pregnancy has been an eventful one, and there hasn't been a dull moment. There are times when I feel like, "What else is going to be thrown at me?" I just want to enjoy every moment, and it's been really hard. I feel like most of the time I'm worried or stressed out about some other health issue that pops up. Through it all Ian has been amazing and my rock. He puts up with so much, especially when the doctor puts me on meds that turns me into a crazy person. Who knew nausea medication could do that to you? ;) I have to say though, no matter what bumps get in our way, Max is so worth it. I'm positive the day this active kid is in my arms all the bumps will be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. No, Google is NOT your friend with medical stuff! I always think I'm dying after a Google session like that. What a nice flashback post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the worst with searching things on Google. I still do it to this day!!

    ReplyDelete