7/2/10

Information Overload

32 weeks

Ian and I went to our prenatal class on Wednesday, along with  34 other couples.  I've never seen so many pregnant women in one room!  Thankfully no one went into labor! Our class was from 6 to 9 and there was A LOT of information given.  Oh and the handouts!  I can't even imagine  how many trees they killed to make all those handouts! 

We had to take a doll to the class.  A doll??  We're having a boy, so it's not like we had dolls laying around the house.  I found this out on Monday, and our class was Wednesday.  I thought I was going to have to go buy one!  Luckily, on Monday afternoon there was a package waiting for us on our doorstep.  Ian's mom had sent down blankets that were Ian's growing up.  At the bottom of the box.....a cabbage patch kid!!  We had our doll for the class.  It was prefect timing.  :)

Our doll met his long lost twin at the class as well.  It was kind of funny.  We gave our "kid" a bath, diapered, dressed and swaddled.  We also learned CPR, which kind of freaked me out.  I'm glad we know how to do it, but I pray we never have to!   We also learned what to do if your baby chokes.  I just felt like we were being so rough, and it was only with a doll....

I'm glad we took the class, because I think we both learned a lot. I think once Max is here though, that's when the learning begins.  It's like teaching...I was in school for 4 years being told this is what to do, this is what to expect, but I didn't get the real understanding of teaching until I was in the classroom actually teaching.  People can tell Ian and I what to do, what to expect, do it this way, but we'll learn for ourselves and what works for us when Max blesses us with his presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment