7/25/10

Late Night, Early Morning

I guess Max does listen to me when I talk. :)  I've been telling him he can come when he wants, and yesterday he was ready!  I started having contractions around 6:50ish.  They were about 10-15 minutes apart, but not too bad. I've been having braxton hicks, so that's what I thought they were.  Around 10:25 they started to come a bit closer and they were more painful.  I was using all the techniques we've learned in birthing class: walking, breathing, using an exercise ball to rock on, swaying...you name it I tried it.  Oh and I was moaning, which then made me laugh because I thought of the video we watched.  I told Ian I was going to start yodeling!  I was getting frustrated because I didn't know what to do.  I've never been in labor before so I wasn't really sure.  All the other times I've had braxton hicks they hurt, but would eventually go away.  At midnight I was in tears 1) from the pain and 2) because nothing I was doing was helping.  Ian was awesome!  He was so calm.  We ventured to the hospital at midnight.  Carseat, diaper bag, and a bag for us in tow.  We were ready! 

We got to the hospital and once I checked in they put me in a wheelchair to take me to the maternity side of the hospital.  I can't remember if I've been in a wheelchair, but all I could think was, "They do this on the baby shows I watch!"  It was a bumpy ride that didn't help with the contractions.  When we finally got there, I waited about 10 minutes before they took me to the back.  When they did take me back, Ian had to stay in the waiting room until they got me situated.  He was entertained with the movie College Road Trip.  He said while he was waiting a woman came in and her water had broken.  Pregnant women were coming in nonstop!  Even when they dropped me off the guy said, "I have another one."  Anyways, back to the action! So I get hooked up to a monitor that keeps track of my contractions and one that tracks Max's heartbeat.  Again, I've seen it on a Baby Story so many times, I was excited.  Weird? I thought it was fun!  So my lovely nurse was asking a million questions as I'm "contracting up a storm" and it was hard to talk.  She checked me and I was still 1 1/2 - 2cm dilated, but I was now 70% effaced.  AND she felt Max's head!  He was so ready to come out and meet us!

When Ian came back we were both excited but a little scared...well at least I was a little scared.  Our plans of meeting Max were put on hold though.  Dr. Suarez wants me to wait until I'm 37 weeks before Max can come out and play.  Boo!!  I was disappointed.  I was given a shot of Terbutaline to stop my labor.  It's like a dose of adrenaline.  My heart was pounding so fast and hard I felt like it would beat out of my chest!  I was also shaking.  It was an awful feeling.  Lucky me though, I had to have a second shot because my contractions weren't stopping!  Finally at 5:00 am, Ian and I ventured back home with Max in the belly.  I'm not sure if he's going to wait until 37 weeks, but after last night I can tell you we are so ready for him to finally be here.  We were so close....1 week and 2 days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment