7/24/10

Let the Dilating Begin!

Well I'm 35 weeks, and three things have become more noticeable: I'm officially a waddler, getting up off the couch is now a process and takes time, and trying to get comfortable in bed has become a workout.  :)  Just means I'm that much closer to meeting my little guy!  I've been having braxton hick contractions a lot.  One night I thought I was going to have to wake up Ian and tell him to take me to the hospital!  Max was only teasing though.


Thursday I went to the eye doctor to check my eyes.  They dilated my eyes, which I just love oh so much.  Talk about being blinded by the light!  Good news though, my eyes were great and no inflammation what so ever!  Yay!  I don't have to go back to Dr. Bryan until October. 


That night we had our 3rd birthing class.  We learned about all the interventions that can be taken while in labor.  We saw the hook that is used to break a woman's water....not scary looking at all...we saw the epidural kit which included the needle!  YIKES!  We also toured the hospital.  Field Trip! To other people we had to look funny.  10 couples with very pregnant women walking around.  One more class to go!


Yesterday I had an appointment with Dr. Suarez.  I was checked for dilation because I've been having a lot of contractions and feeling some pressure.  I am 1 1/2-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced!  I was pretty excited to hear that, and couldn't stop smiling.  I now will go to the doctor once a week!  Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment