8/25/10

Jumping Jacks or Pineapple?

Last Thursday my blog was of me getting over that excited feeling of being so many weeks pregnant.   That night Ian made us a wonderful dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, and pineapple.  I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I read on a couple of websites that pineapple can make you go into labor.  Bring on the pineapple right?  People had also been telling me to do jumping jacks.  Have you tried doing jumping jacks at 39 weeks pregnant?  It's pretty hard!  I managed to do about 5, with Ian doing them with me.  :)  Then I did 3 big jumps....just for that extra "Please let me go into labor!" soon. 


At 2:30 I woke up to go to the bathroom, something a pregnant woman does frequently.  This maybe a little TMI, but I was already wet.  Umm...so I peed myself or my water broke.....From the beginning I always wanted my water to break natural, not in the hospital with a doctor poking me with their hook thing.  I pictured it like in the movies though, that big gush.  Not so much.  Pretty exciting though.  Shortly afer that I started having contractions.  I woke up Ian and let him know that I thought my water broke.  He went into action quickly!  Calm, but very quick.  :)  We made it to the hospital.  We had to go through the ER.  Last time we did this I was taken by wheel chair to the triage, but the ride was bumpy.  There was no way I was going on that bumpy ride again with the contractions I was having!  


Once I was checked in and the nurse did her thing, she confirmed that my water did break.  Yay!  Once Ian came back, my contractions were close together and PAINFUL.  He was amazing though, and when I was breathing through them I needed him to look me in the eyes.  For some reason that helped me.  I felt those contractions for about 3 hours.  The nurse gave me meds for nausea and to take the edge off my contractions because the anethesiologist was else where and would be awhile to get to me.  Those meds made me loopy and tired.  When the anethesiologist showed up the nurse had to hold me upright, because I kept leaning to the side because I was falling asleep!! 


Can I just say that epidurals are AMAZING!!!  Once I got mine, I slept from 5:30 to about 10:00.  I was 10 cm by then but my labor nurse said we would let the contractions do some of the work for me and work Max down.  My mom flew in that morning and made it just in time!  10 mins after she arrived, I began pushing, which I have to say is hard to do when you can't feel anything.  Ian cheered me on with every push, which was cute, but made me want to laugh.  Holding my breath for 10 counts and wanting to laugh isn't the best thing!  :)  After 20 minutes, our beautiful baby boy came into the world.  There are no words to explain how it felt to have our son placed into my arms and to hear his first cry.  It was unbelieveable.  


I've said throughout the blog that all the bumps we've had this pregnancy would be forgotten once Max made his debut.  I would go through everything again.  Max is so worth it.  Plus my labor was only 8 hours and 38 minutes.  I can brag about that



Max Donovan Winklmann
August 20, 2010
11:08 AM
8lbs, 21 in





First family picture!

Max meeting his Uncle Antonio for the first time.

Max with his Auntie Alicia.

Going home!

Adorable!

Our beautiful boy doing what he does best.


Love.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/25/2010

    Woo!!!! pic of me! nyuk nyuk nyuk

    antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/25/2010

    ps: max looks angry when hes going home and cute in the last pic

    antonio again

    ReplyDelete