12/20/10

4 Months!!!

Today our baby boy is 4 months!!  4!!!  Where does the time go?  I did take pictures, but I'll have to post them when we get home.  


We've been in Alaska for 3 days now, and I LOVE IT!!!!  When we arrived into Fairbanks it was -19 degrees and snowing.  It was beautiful.  The ground sparkled.  We entered our very own winter wonderland.   Pap-pap and Mum-mum met us at the airport with heavy jackets and blankets.  I wanted to go outside and experience the cold before I bundled up.  I went outside and the crisp, cold air hit my throat and made me cough.  (Still happens every time I got outside.)   I seriously pictured myself to shake uncontrollably because it's so cold, but that wasn't the case.  :)  I think I'm surprising everyone with how well I'm taking to the weather.  I think I could fit in here just fine if we ever moved here.


Max has been nothing but warm since we landed.  When he's warm, you know what happens....he sleeps!!   We met Auntie Nicole, Uncle Cleo, and cousins Jaden and Amaya at our hotel.  It's been a year and half since we've seen them, so Jaden is sooo grown up and handsome.  Amaya is a few weeks younger than Max and is so adorably cute!  She is a peaceful little girl. 


While in Fairbanks we drove out to North Pole, AK and went to Santa Claus House.  Max sat on Santa's lap, and we took a pictures with just him and Santa, and then as a family.  It was a happy moment.  Outside they had ice sculptures, and Ian and I sat in a sleigh.  Brrrr!!!!  It was pretty cool though!

We came to Healy yesterday and woke up this morning to a fresh fallen snow.  Beautiful.  Everywhere you look it's like looking at a Christmas card.  I love it!  John, Ian, and myself went out today and found our Christmas tree.  I was so excited to do this, because I've never gone out and cut down a tree.  So I didn't really cut down the tree, but the experience was FUN and I loved it!  It was about 5 degrees out. 


I don't want to leave AK without seeing the Northern Lights, so hopefully that will happen.  :) 


Facts of Max:
He has found his feet, which leads to him pulling off his socks.
He can hold his bottle...not consistently yet, but he's trying.
He loves to be sitting up.
He touched snow for the first time and cried.
He has started to pull my hair, and can I just say he has a mean grip.  I've been wearing it up now.  :)
He laughs so much more, which makes us laugh more.

No comments:

Post a Comment