6/7/11

Facts of Life

We came home from San Diego a little over a week ago, and it feels like a life time ago.  Ian and I were home for one day and then made the sad travel to NM for my cousin's funeral.  It was by far the hardest trip I've ever had to make to NM.  I didn't like it one bit. 

I can't even remember the last funeral I went to.  Ian and I were talking about this on the drive...I know when I was little I went to several of them.  I know you wear black, and you might cry because other people are crying and it's just sad.  This funeral hit me hard.  It was for my YOUNGER cousin.  How the heck could this happen?  He was far too young for this to happen, and that's what bothers me the most.  Seeing his two beautiful children just broke my heart.  His little boy, Lucas, looks just like him.   :(  Max did get to meet my mom's side of the family, which was nice, but I wish it had been for a different reason.  I don't think I'll ever understand why this happened. 

We came back home only to drive to the other side of AZ...okay well Scottsdale, which feels like the other side of AZ.  My cousin, Analise, graduated from high school and she had her party this past weekend.  The Tenorio Clan was together for the festivities (minus my Aunt Trish and Lisa:()   This was the first time that Max, Jax, and Ella would be under one roof.  Pretty exciting.  It was a fun time, minus the comments about Max being big.  Goodness you'd think he was ginormous the way people make comments.  I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it does! 

This week my brother and sister are staying with us, and Max LOVES the extra attention. :)

Max Facts
~Food-he's beginning to try new foods and actually LIKE them!  Beans, ramen noodles, zucchini= Like!!!  I was pretty excited about this. :)
~Cruising- Max pulls himself up on everything like a pro.  He's starting to "cruise" along the furniture as well, so I think we may have a walker soon on our hands.  Eak!!
~Defiant- He looks at me and is saying, "I do what I want!" when he's doing something that he knows he shouldn't be doing.  When I come towards him to move him or pick him up, he'll take off crawling super fast.  Oh and he laughs too!  It's so hard not to laugh at him, but I try my hardest.
~Fighter- this kid fights sleep like you wouldn't believe!  He'll be so sleepy, but he's determined to stay up so he doesn't miss anything.  Crazy boy!
~Jokester- he'll look at you, babble and then laugh like he just told a joke.  It's too funny! 

Mommy Facts
~I have been walking every morning (just about) with Max.  It's so nice, and he loves being outside.
~Hair-I chopped it off!!  Not at of it, I didn't pull a Britney.  I had it cut above my shoulders.  We'll see how I like it tomorrow, but it is hair and it will grow back.  Imagine that!
~I am LOVING being a SAHM for summer, but I swear I am MORE tired then when I work full time as well.  Weird.
~TLC-I have started watching A Baby Story again....is my mind or something trying to tell me I'm ready for another Baby Winklmann?

No comments:

Post a Comment