8/6/11

Cha-cha-changes!

Well....I'm back to work.  Being a SAHM for the summer was amazing, and I loved every minute of it.  It was full of many adventures (good and bad), but sadly it had to come to an end.  Max is back in daycare full time.  :(  Once he turns one and can walk (without the wobbles) he'll be moving rooms.  Yikes!  I don't know if I'm ready for this.  He's not walking yet.  He'll take one step, freeze, and then fall forward.  He's in no hurry to walk, and I'm okay with that.

Work...it's been hard going every morning.  I'd much rather be at home with Max, as if you already didn't know that.  The first week is always packed with meetings and kinda boring, so I think once the kiddos are there next week it will be a different story.  I hope.   We had Meet the Teacher Night on Thursday, and those are always fun.  Old students come and visit, new kiddos walk in so shy, and you get to meet parents.  I met about 20 of my students.  Pretty cute.  I had one set of parents giving me the low down on their child.  Then say, "Bless you." as they left.  Umm...okay.  Not quite sure what to think about that, but we'll see what happens!  Every year is full of the unexpected, and I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of that!!

Max Facts
-Grass-Before Washington Max had never crawled around in grass.  While we were in Washington we went to a park, and Max was freaked out with the grass.  He wanted nothing to do with it, picked up his chubby little feet, and crawled into the closest arms.  It took him a couple days, but he finally warmed up to the green pokey stuff.  He ended our trip crawling around like he's loved grass from day one.
-Traveler-Knock on wood but this kid is still a good traveler.  The plane ride was about a 3 hour flight and he did great!  Both flights he played for about 45 mins, and then slept the rest of the way. (I seriously think our next kid is going to be a handful, because we are spoiled with Max!)

Mommy Facts
-Haboob-Our flight back home from Washington was peachy keen, until landing.  A haboob happened and ruined it all!  The pilot tried to land TWICE, but we were being jerked around like a rag doll, so we had to go to Tucson.  Mind you I'm sitting by a 16 year old boy who hates to fly.  He was stressing me out!!  I was glad to get off the plane and part ways with the kid.  I hate flying.  I hate haboobs.
-Nov 6th- is getting closer as I type!  I didn't run at all while we were in Washington, so getting back into the groove has proven to be way harder than normal.  Running one mile nearly made me pass out is exhaustion.  Sad.
-Friends- I hope growing up Max has a solid group of friends.  People that will keep him grounded, bring out the best in him, and take part in his many adventures.  I'd rather him be able to count on one hand his true friends, then have friendships that are fake.  I'm learning that if someone brings out the worst in you, or makes you feel like crap, they aren't your friend.  I am so thankful for my dearest friends. :)

14 more days until Max is ONE...let the countdown begin!!!

Okay, I'm done blogging for the next few days!  Enjoy the overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment