10/22/11

Enchanted

When I was pregnant I listened to Taylor Swift pretty much every day on my way to work. Max was a fan in the belly and is even a fan today.   Ian was able to get tickets for us to watch Miss Swift in concert tonight.  We thought about taking Max, but decided to let his Pap-pap and Mum-mum babysit him.  Ian and I had a little date.  I don't think Ian was too excited about being surrounded by thousands of screaming little girls, but I knew he'd be impressed with TSwift's skills.   It's always fun people watching at concerts.  Tonight there were little girls every where in their sparkly clothes with cowboy boots.  You had the girls who wanted to be Taylor Swift.  There were also the girls that thought they were going to the club...or work the street...Then you had the moms that were dressed like they were fifteen.  Lord I hope I am never like that.  Could you imagine going to a concert with your child and dressing just like them?  Hmm..maybe I'll do that to embarrass the heck out of them.  Ha!

The concert started to the deafening sound of girls screaming.  I may have been one of them...not really, but it did take me back to an *NSYNC concert where I was that girl.  TSwift puts on a great show from beginning to end.  She sang songs that put me back in the moment of being pregnant and driving to work.  She has a song 'Mine'.  I remember watching the video for that song when Max was just born.  I would watch it at 2 in the morning on VH1 when Max would wake up for a feeding.  She sang it, and I could see Max as a little baby.... I love how songs do that. 

I'm pretty excited that my little sister and Mom get to see the show tomorrow.  All I could think was that my sister was going to have so much fun.  She's going to be one of those girls screaming.  :) 

"Snowing" for the song Back to December.

The sea of TSwift fans.

 "With you, I'd dance in a storm in my best dress."

"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home..."

The End.


I'm looking forward to the adventures this weekend holds for us......  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment