12/29/11

2011

Max in January.
Max in December.

Another year is coming to an end, and what a great year it has been.  It's crazy to think just how much has changed this year.

Family- Our families grew this year with the additions of Aubrianna, Ella, and Peighton.  It was the year of girls.  I think next year will be the year of boys.  With the joy of these beautiful girls, came the sadness of losing a loved one.  There isn't a day that goes by that Patrick isn't missed or thought of by family and friends.

Friends- Wonderful friendships were started this year, and some faded.  That's how it goes sometimes, but  people are brought into our lives for a reason.  Life lessons.   Some friends we don't see nearly enough, and in the new year I hope to be a better friend.

Work- hmm...this year has been a challenge.  My classroom is the revolving door, and it makes it hard. Working with the 3rd grade team though has been wonderful.  I love those ladies, and they make my days better at work.   I'm 95% certain that this is the last year I will be in room 46.  2012 brings a new chapter to my book of work. :)

Max- This wonderful boy has changed so much this year.  He went from crawling, to wobbly walking, to an independent walking little man.  He mimics, talks, and lets us know when he doesn't like something.  He is a sweet boy who has my heart.  I L.O.V.E. him.  He started at a new school this year, and we're all much happier at PCA.  He's learned so much, and continues to learn more each day!

Ian- This year marks year 3 of marriage, and when I think about that magical day it seems like just yesterday.  (I wonder if he'd say the same? :))  Each day he amazes me with his love and determination to work hard for our family. He is such a hard worker, and maybe works too much, but that's just how he is.  He put on his hockey skates this year, and it's so fun to see him get excited about playing hockey.  I'm sure there's more of that this coming year.  Ohhh and this coming year he turns the big 3-0!! (So do I, but he turns 30 before me...that is what's important here.)  I L.O.V.E. him too. ;)

Me- This year my resolution was to run a half marathon and it didn't happen.  Fail.  It's still going to be my resolution for the coming year, but I don't think I'll share when I'm going to do this big run.  I'll share after!  2011 was a fabulous year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2012 holds for us.

Happy New Year friends!!  May 2012 be full of joy and happiness for you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment