4/30/12

Holy Hot

This is going to be a long post, because we had a busy weekend. 

Saturday:  Our friend, Rachael, was in town for business and we were able to spend the day with her.  She's one of Ian's BFFs from college, and it was her first time visiting the state of AZ.  What better way to spend the day then at the Salsa Challenge in Tempe where we met up with the Rachel, Eric and Miss Natalie.  When we got there we lathered the babes up with sunblock, grabbed adult beverages, bags of chips, and we were ready to taste some salsa.  I will add that we even looked up the definition of salsa, because there were some "salsa" wannabes, but really corn, beans, and spices doesn't make a salsa.  The great state of New Mexico was there.  I was so excited to try the salsa that they had to offer.  I mean, it was going to be the real deal.  Authentic.  Umm...no.  It was mango salsa.  I was bummed and it wasn't liked by any of us salsa taste experts.  Rachel and Eric tried a salsa that was apparently hot.  I laughed and laughed at them.  How hot could it be?  My last taste of the day was going to be this "hot" salsa.  I take a bite and immediately I feel the heat.  Holy hot, I wanted to cut my tongue out.  It was beyond hot, it was a fire in my mouth and I was positive that I could breathe fire at any moment.  I think it was the salsa makers evil plan to torture people.   At the end of the day, that hot, awful, tongue scorching salsa was what I remembered.

Sunday: We took Rachael to the airport bright and early.  My FAVORITE chef from FoodNetwork was going to be in Scottsdale doing a book signing.  OMG.  I've known about this, but I don't know, I didn't think I would actually go.  She was signing at Kierland Commons.  Swanky little area.  The Ferrari Club was out in full force ready to show off their (hideously bright) cars and rev their engines.  Wow, I was like so impressed.  Lame.   We got there around 8:30 and Ian went to scope out the place and see what the deal was.  He found a line of hardcore Giada fans and asked them what the deal was, and came back with the goods.  I went and stood in line and I have to say I was beyond excited about this.  I stood in line for 4 hours, and yes that might sound crazy, but I wasn't the only one.  There were hundreds of people in line, and I was towards the front of the line, in the shade, so I had it easy.  I got my cookbook signed, and talked to Giada De Laurentiis.  The cookbook will be added to the collection, but tonight I'm going to make a few of the recipes for Ian.  :)

Last night was also Game 2 for the Yotes.  Max had a blast at the game.  He was a playful, silly, giggly boy.  I loved it, and it made watching the game so fun.  Well that and the fact that we WON    5-3 in regulation!  No overtime this game!  Woohoo!!!

Even better, I have today OFF.  I get to spend the whole day with Max.  I wonder what trouble we'll get into......

I had my cookbook and golden ticket!

Umm..who is this lady?

 Ian took Max to play while I stood in line.  He played in the grass..

sat front row to see Giada's Q&A...

and shared ice cream with his Daddy.

Ian was at the Q&A...He's a Giada fan as well..for different reasons. :)

Jen- that's me!

I love how into the game Max gets.  I love Max.



No comments:

Post a Comment