5/21/12

Toes in the Sand

Well...we ventured to LA to see the Coyotes play the Kings. I have to say, I don't think I'll ever do that again! At least not during the playoffs. Kings fans are SCARY! More of that later, first the beach!

When we got into LA we checked into our hotel and then went to Santa Monica Pier. When Max's feet touched the sand he was ready for a good time! He had so much fun, and I had so much fun watching him. When the water first came up around his feet, he was a tad bit scared, but then he had fun running away from the water. He was talking up a storm and laughing. It's the best feeling ever watching your child and seeing the joy on their face and hearing it in their laughter. We probably could have stayed there forever watching him, but we were all hungry. We found a chill little restaurant and enjoyed some good food.

Sunday we got up bright and early and made our way to Staples Center. We had to take the subway, which was a first for me. I realized that I could never be on the Amazing Race, because I would fail miserably. Max and I were sporting bright white Coyotes shirts. We stuck out quite nicely in a sea of black, silver, and purple. We had some people chirping at us, but nothing too bad. We hung around the Coyotes bench for warmups. Paul Bissonnette aka Biznasty2point0 on twitter, came out to check out the ice...well really I don't know what he was checking out, but he saw us. Gave us a fist pump and told us it was rally time! I heart him. Then when the guys were skating he came and threw a puck over the glass for Max, and then circled back around to make sure that Max had it. Max was so happy. He held it up and said, "Puck!". Towards the end of warmups he was even banging his little hands against the glass. That was by far my highlight of the day.

For the game we were sitting up in the 300s with the die hard, season ticket holders, they scared me with their stares, Kings fans. I sat there the entire game and did not move, or make eye contact with anyone. When Doaner scored twice, I celebrated in silence. When we WON the game, we waited a few minutes to let the King's fans trickle out. Then we had to get in the long line to get back on the subway. I was a nervous wreck. People were just glaring, and probably mentally wishing bad things upon us, but we safely made it back to our hotel. When we were safely in our car, we high fived and celebrated our Yotes winning!! All in all I'd say it was a good trip, minus the stressing out about the fans. I know we only won 1 game and we're still down in the series, but the next game is on home ice, and if the Yotes go out, I'm glad it will be on home ice. So Max not only ran in the sand, stuck his feet in the ocean, watched the Yotes play hockey the hard way, but he got a puck from #12 himself. Awesome trip.
Napping with Melmo and Gabba.

Uhh..Daddy pick me up!

Hey, the water goes out and comes back!

My heart.

Matching. <3

#12 in the background gave Max the very puck in his hand.

Thank you Biz.

No comments:

Post a Comment