6/21/12

Eye Store

I'm in one of those moods where you feel sorry for yourself.  At the moment I'm down in the dumps.  I'm feeling so down that I'm having trouble finding the good in my darn eyeballs.  I've mentioned before my eye troubles.  Let's get to the point.  My. Eyes. Suck.  My good eye is acting up.   I think it just has a case of iritis.  It's red, hurts, and is sensitive to light.  All would be okay if I could find my stupid glasses, but I cannot.  So when I'm putting drops in my eye, I can't wear my contact, which then leaves me blind.  Well not really blind, but I can't see that well.  Max is totally taking advantage of my blind state and making a mess of things, because he knows I can't tell what he's doing.  He's trying to be all cute by running to me and giving me big hugs and kisses to distract me from squinting my eyes and trying to see what he's up to.  I have an appointment tomorrow with some random doctor who is going to ask me about my eye history.  Then I'm sure I'll hear how he's never seen a case like mine before, like it's something cool and exciting.  There will be poking, bright lights that seriously feel like they are scorching my nerves at the back of my eye...but there better not be bad news.  I wish I could exchange my eyes.  Go to the Eye Store and pick out a lovely pair with 20/20 vision.  I mean, we have phones that talk back to us, can't the geniuses in the world do this for me?   Maybe one day.  For the next few minutes I will continue to feel sorry for myself, but then once this is posted I'll stop.  I forget in the middle of my eye problems there are people who are 100% blind, and they probably aren't feeling sorry for themselves at this moment. 

Max is being awfully quiet which means trouble.  Until next time...I promise it will be a happier post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment