6/26/12

M.I.A.

Last post I was feeling sorry for myself because of my eye.  Well...I went to the doctor and sure enough I have a case of iritis.  I have to dilate my good eye and put a steroid drop into my eye at least 6 times a day.  I'm a pro at the steroid drop, but I hate dilating my eye.  For one my eye gets super sensitive to light.  I wear two pairs of sunglasses when I'm outside.  I'm fashionable, what can I say?  Also, I can't read anything close because the letters get blurry.  Umm...no texting, checking facebook, pinterest, twitter, email....what the what?!  Thankfully I can zoom in on the computer a gazillion percent so I can read! I have to go back to the doc in a couple weeks.  Oh well!!

This weekend we went to the Beachy's to visit, and it was so ridiculously cute to watch Max play with Maddi.  We had a tea party, and Max pretended to eat and drink from a cup.  He even threw in some, Mmmmmms. and Yums for good effect.  Maddi sang her heart out for us, and Max was a bit frightened, but he tried to sing too.  I also learned a little bit about cloth diapering because Laura is using them with Nolan, and I am fascinated!  Definitely something I want to try in the future.

We leave for our trip Thursday, and we're so excited!  I'm really looking forward to getting to see more of Canada and go exploring, and of course seeing Spencer and Brenda!  I checked the weather here for the next week and it's supposed to get to 115...in Vancouver it's going to be in the 60s and in Alaska it's going to be in the 60s low 70s.  Yay!!!!  Goodbye yucky, sweaty, heat! Hello normal, enjoyable, I want to be outside (but I might be cold) weather!  I love Alaska in the summer time.  It always reminds me of when Ian proposed....awww.  We get to spend the 4th with Pap-pap and Mum-mum.  Auntie Nicole hasn't seen Max since he was 4 months old!  Max will get to play with his cousins.  Oh the fun!  So I may be MIA for awhile, but it's because we're off on exciting adventures, but expect some posts when I get back!

Umm...Mommy did you really just paint me?

So it's okay to paint myself and not the paper?!



1 comment:

  1. Cloth diapers are fun! And addicting!! We've been using them on Mason for over a year now.

    ReplyDelete