We were only in Seattle on Sunday.  We all met up with Jake & Katie, Josh, Adam & Lisa at Claim Jumper for dinner.  We were bummed we didn't get to see Jake & Katie's little girl, or Eryn and the kiddos.  (Next time we're in Seattle.)  It was a fun dinner.  Max enjoyed the food he was eating, but did want to run around.  There was an area across the street that had a few trees and a hill so Max and I went to play.   He had fun running down the hill.  It was so funny watching his little legs go as fast as they could.  He didn't get hurt, thank goodness!

Max and I went back to the hotel room early because it was his bedtime, and we had to be at the airport at 3:30 the next morning.  Yikes!  Saying goodbye to Brenda and Spencer was sad.  We had so much fun with them.  There are some people in the world who are genuinely good people.  They fall into that category.  They are great friends, and awesome tour guides! I hope we live close to them one day.

Flight #3-Seattle to Anchorage
We flew out super early so Max slept most of the way.  Plus he was just excited to be on an airpwane again.  We had a short layover in Anchorage.

Flight #4 Anchorage to Fairbanks
We were almost to our final destination!  Luckily we sat on the left side of the plane and got an amazing view of Mt. McKinley.  It's amazing to see, and so beautiful.  We took so many pictures!  When we landed in Fairbanks we were excited to see Pap-pap, Mum-mum, and Nicole.  It was raining.  I think the rain followed us!  We picked up Jaden and Amaya from school and spent the day with them.  We took them to Pioneer Park.  Fun place people.  It had a playing area for the kiddos to play, and play they did!  Max loves slides.  Max's top loves: airpwanes, bikes, and slides.

That day we also got to watch Jbo play soccer.  Watch out David Beckham!  He's so fast and scores goals like no other.  It was crazy to see!  We had planned to watch Nicole's softball game, but we were so tired and Max was a hot mess that we went home to Healy.

The house Ian grew up in is a magical place, especially for little kids.  The minute Max went outside, he was in a whole new world.  To say that Max likes the outdoors is an understatement.  He spent most of his time outside with his Pap-pap.  I swear, Ian and I watched Max grow up while in Healy.  He explored their yard every day.  He fed ducks, played on the slides, was pushed on the swings, played golf, baseball, football, hockey, and just ran free.

Jaden came to Healy on the 4th of July, and the minute he got there he had a little shadow following him.  Max loves Jbo.  He followed him, chased him, laughed with him, and just wanted to be around him.  We went to a picnic on the 4th, at Otto Lake.  It was windy out, so I have to say it was cold.  It didn't phase Max at all.  He had fun playing with Jbo.   That night Ian and I went to the 49er Brewery....Umm I think that's what it's called.  We had SO MUCH fun!  We met up with Walker who is one of Ian's BFFs.  Remember the good people category I was talking about?  He lands in that category too.  I loved hearing Ian and Walker talking about their childhood and trouble they would get into or create for fun.   It was a great night.

We went down into Denali National Park to take the boys to see the train.  They were excited to see it, but I think they wanted to ride it more.  We also went on a hike.  Horseshoe Trail wasn't a hard hike.  Ian carried Max on his back in a carrier. Max had it easy.  Jbo was our hike leader and lead the way to the lake.  The way to the lake is mostly downhill.  All I could think about was going back....uphill.  On our way back Jbo and I decided to run...uphill.  We raced.  Well it was really more of Jbo running and I was running after him.  :)  It was fun though!

Friday Nicole and Amaya came to Healy.  All 3 kiddos together was a sight to see.  They had so much fun.  We had a little gathering on Saturday night filled with yummy food.  The kiddos had s'mores.  Max loves him some s'mores.  He had no problem eating it up.  Why we gave the kids s'mores before bed I don't know, because it was pure chaos after they ate one.

Sunday we went to Fairbanks because we had to be at the airport at 11:30 that night.  We spent some of the day at Pioneer Park and took the kiddos on the train ride.  We had dinner at the Silver Gultch.  So good!  Max ate up his mac and cheese.  He did get a tad bit fussy though, so I took him outside to walk around.  We went back to the hotel to hang out and wait until it was time to go.  It was sad saying goodbye to Nicole, Jbo, and Amaya.  I hope we see them soon, and Cleo who was working  up north and we missed this trip.

When Pap-pap and Mum-mum took us to the airport, Max saw airpwanes and got a burst of energy.  Our flight didn't leave until 1:30 and the kid was hyper until we got  on the plane!  Saying goodbye to Ian's parents is always sad.  We usually tear up, and this time wasn't any different.  Max said "bye bye" and then when they left went looking for them.  Sad.

Flight #5 Fairbanks to Seattle
Max slept the entire flight.  Ian and I on the other hand did not.  I couldn't get comfortable, and was just ready to be home.

Flight #6- Seattle to Phoenix
Max slept the entire flight!  Yay!  Max is still a good little traveler.  Knock on wood. Getting off the plane we immediately felt the heat.  Blah!  That is one thing I did NOT miss.

Since being home Max's schedule is out of whack.  He slept 14 1/2 hours on Monday night, and then last night he slept 12 hours.   Today's nap was closer to his regular nap time, so hopefully he'll be back on schedule soon.

Mt. McKinley in all it's beauty.
How come this book doesn't come out?
Jbo showing Max how to play Angry Birds.
I'm going to throw this ball into the net!
Sweet Amaya
These boots are made for splashing!
Otto Lake
Can I drive Pap-pap?
When is the train coming?!
Woah, that's a big train.
Our hike.
I think I could ride this bike...maybe.
These two are so sweet, and also double trouble.
This skateboard is so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment