8/30/12

Liebster Blog Award

What?!!  Marissa from My Life as a Wife & Mom & Student  nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award.   What the heck is the Liebster Blog Award you ask?  Well here are the rules when receiving this awesomely exciting blog award:
Rules:
1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people you tag.
3. Choose 11 bloggers
5. Absolutely no tag backs
6. The bloggers have to have less than 200 followers.
7. Go inform them that you nominated them for the award.

So here it goes!  (OMG, I forgot to list 11 things about myself.  I posted the rules and didn't even follow them!!)

11 Jen Facts
1. I love green olives.  Everyone knows I hate black olives with a passion, but when I say I love green olives, I mean I can eat a jar in like two days.  It's a serious problem.
2. I'm kind of obsessed with Master Chef and Hells Kitchen.  I know if I would to be on either of those shows and Gordon Ramsey called me a bloody cow I would be a sobbing mess. 
3.  I stopped eating red meat, pork, and chicken on Wednesday.  At first I felt like I was in AA and I kept saying, "It's been 2 days since I ate meat."  Yes it's only be 5 days, but so far so good.
4. I don't consider myself a gambler until I'm in Vegas.  Then watch out, because I love playing penny slots.  Really though each bet is like 30 cents or more, so how they call it a penny slot, I don't know.
5.  My mom is one of my BFFs.  I talk/text her just about every day.  Unless I'm in Vegas then I'm at the slots. Kidding.
6. I am a book worm.  I recently finished The Watchers trilogy.  Super cheap for the nook.  Read them, you'll like them all.
7.  I wish I lived in Stars Hollow.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, that makes me sad.
8.  I hate scary movies, and plug my ears so i don't hear the music, or scary parts. 
9.  October is my least favorite month, solely because all the scary movies come out for Halloween.  I like happy movies.  I'm weird, I know.
10.  I don't like the movie A Christmas Story.  I hate it, is more like it.  I cringe just thinking about it. 
11.  I love blogging, but worry about being judged as a mother and person. (especially from family and friends, but what can you do?)


1. What is the one thing you've always wanted to do but haven't?
I have always wanted to go to one of those cooking classes where you cook with friends, and then get to eat whatever yummy stuff you learned to cook.

2. Read any good books lately, if so what was your favorite?
I love reading.  The last book I read was Where We Belong by Emily Giffin.  So good!!  I love when a book makes you laugh or cry and this book made me do both.

3. Guilty pleasures, have any, what are they?
When Max is sleeping I love to catch up on the reality tv shows I have dvred.  One might call me a reality tv whore, but that's okay.  I am fully aware that I watch too many, but I love them.  I also love reading US Weekly.  I definitely know way too much about celebrities.

4. Pet peeves?
When cabinets in the house are left open (I know weird, but seriously close the cabinet), 

5. Favorite color?
Orange, but it's not a color I'd wear (unless it's Halloween) or a color I'd paint my house.

6. A place you'd love to travel to, but haven't gone yet?
Italy.  I don't think there is anything else I need to say.

7.What is something you are afraid of?
You might be looking for something deep here, but butterflies.  I think I'm a lot better now, but when I was younger my uncles (Leo and Leroy, I'm so calling you out) would taunt me with these gold butterflies my Grandma had hanging on her wall.  Eak, scary!  I won't go screaming if I see a butterfly, but you won't see me going into a butterfly garden or letting any land on me.  Makes me kind of panic.  Thank you uncles for taking a pretty butterfly and making them scary.

8. What state do you live in?
The hot, hot state of Arizona.  Every summer I ask myself why we still live here. 

9. Where did you meet your significant other?
Aww..Ian and I met on April Fools day through our friends Nate and Laura.  They invited me over to hang out.  I already had plans, but I canceled and I'm so glad I did!

10. Are you from a large family or small family (brothers and sisters)?
I have a brother, Antonio, who is pretty awesome.  The bestest brother a girl could ask for, except when he was a baby and he'd call me Mama at the stores to make me mad.   Alicia, is my younger sister who is way cooler than I ever was or will be.  She is the bestest sister a girl could ask for, but needs to learn that NSYNC is the ultimate boy band...way cooler than One Direction.

11. Why do you blog?
I started off blogging to keep my family and friends updated with my pregnancy.  I still keep my friends and family in the loop of what's going on with our family of 3, but its a way for me to keep our memories.  I always go back every so often and reread some of my posts.  I'd like to make it a book, and keep it for Max.   I also like to vent sometimes and just throw it out there into the blogiverse. 
My Nominees
My Questions:
1. Does your child's (or children) name have any special meaning as to why you chose it?
2.  What is your favorite memory from your childhood?
3. Where did you meet your best friend?
4. Did your pregnancy/labor go as you had planned?
5. How many kids do you want?
6. Where's your favorite place to visit in the US?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What's your favorite blog?
9. If you could eat anything all day every day what would it be?
10.  Why did you start to blog?
11.  Where do you see yourself in 5 years?





3 comments:

  1. Thanks girl! I'll get working on mine ;) also, I'm terrified of butterflies too. We went to a place in Mexico that had a butterfly garden and all my friends though it was so weird that I preferred the gift shop haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there I love your number 7! It kinda made me giggle :) Butterflies seem harmless but then again so do ladybugs and i'm terrified of those :)

    I love reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Shout out! This is so fun!

    ReplyDelete