10/8/12

Surprise Party

This past weekend we went to Las Cruces for my Grandma Grace's 70th birthday.  The whole family was there.  We got in late Thursday night, which I was happy about because that meant we had all day Friday to spend with my family.  Max loved all the attention he was getting.  I think Oreo, the family dog, was a bit jealous.  Poor dog.  We didn't do much Friday.  We helped get my parent's house ready for the shindig on Saturday.  That night we went to my cousin Joaquin and Jamie's house to visit.  Jamie is having baby #2 next month, so it was fun catching up with her and talking babies.  Jax and Max are a month apart.  We ended the night watching YouTube videos...some people in the family, who shall remain nameless, watch a lot of YouTube videos and were telling us which ones to watch.  Some of the videos were hilarious.  Ahhh good times.

Saturday was the big day and those at my parents house started helping set things up for the party.  It was a big party.  There were over 65 of us there. Imagine trying to get a family picture done with small children.  Max was not a happy camper, and had many meltdowns that night.  He's not use to being around that many people, and was just a hot mess.  All in all I'd say it was a success.  The food was amazing.  The Aunts made the Mexican spread, and my Aunt Diana made me my own cheese enchiladas.  Pretty awesome of her, and made my vegetarian heart happy.  Max partied until 10:30ish, and then he called it night. 

Our trip was a great one, and I unfortunately didn't take pictures.  WTH?!  My iPhone is usually glued to my hand to take pictures, but I didn't take one picture of the party.  The pictures I have were so nicely emailed to me by my Mom. 

Max, Jax and Ella!

The lady of the party.

Ella: Hey, you wanna play Max?            
Max: Umm..if I don't move maybe she'll think I'm a statue.

Great Grandma with the great grandkids. (Plus two mamas)

These people knew Grandma was coming in through the garage. 
There were a lot more of us in the livingroom, looking at the wrong door!


The family...not the whole family because there are some
families to the right that were cut out.  Big family.
 
 
Politics, Religion, and Miley Cyrus set aside, this is one awesome family.  Well...even with all our beliefs, it's an awesome family, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that y'all had a good time. Looks likes fun.

    Jessa

    ReplyDelete