11/16/12

Heartbeat, Heartbeat


We had an ultrasound this morning to see this little one!!  It was a relief when I saw the baby bouncing around on the screen. 

Rewind to my doctor appointment on the 5th, and all was good. Dr. S started searching for the heartbeat, and he couldn't find one.  Every second that passed by, and no heartbeat felt like an hour.  I started to freak out.  Dr. S wasn't worried.  He said this was normal and said I could come in the following week to check the heartbeat.  I left and the minute I got into the car the tears came.  I was so worried.   I was so upset Ian called the doctors office to speak with Dr. S.  Ian was told that the doc was confident everything was fine, especially because I was having morning sickness.  I'm glad Dr. S was confident, but I was not.  I was a hot crying mess.  We had decided to do the early screen ultrasound where they test for down syndrome.  The outcome of the test doesn't matter to us one bit, because this baby is wanted, but I just wanted to see the baby.  One thing I've learned is that I WILL NOT complain about morning sickness again.  I will throw up everyday, this entire pregnancy if it means the little one is okay.  Having that scare, was beyond scary.  

Today the minute the nice lady started the ultrasound the little one was nonstop moving.  Ian and I were so happy.  Max wasn't concerned about the ultrasound.  He was busy playing with his firetruck.  The nice lady turned up the volume so Max could hear the heartbeat.  At first he stopped, and was like ,"What's that?"  Ian told him it was the baby's heartbeat and he kept saying, "Heartbeat! Heartbeat!"  So. Darn. Cute.  The baby has a solid heartbeat of 164!

Next appointment is Dec. 3rd! 

2 comments:

  1. So happy everything is going well - yay, morning sickness!! When I was pregnant with Kaylee, I was told morning sickness is a good sign too. Love you guys! Can't wait to see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to see you guys either!!

    ReplyDelete