11/22/12

Thankful

So today is the first Thanksgiving of my 29 years of life that I didn't eat turkey.  I have to say I was a tad bit sad, but Melanie made me some amazing salmon.  Yum!!  Today hasn't gone how I expected though.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love spending time with family and friends.  I love being in the kitchen and helping.  I love relaxing on the couch and watching football.  This morning I woke up and my back was killing me.  I couldn't bend, and any movement meant pain..  Sitting down felt like I was killing myself.  Okay, so I'm being a bit dramatic, but I just want you to get the picture of how much pain I'm in.   We went to Mel and Jake's early, and I didn't help.  I sat on the couch with a heating pad.  It wasn't like I was relaxing either because any movement that I made freaking hurt. 

I actually left early and Max and I are hanging out at home.  Sad. In all the pain, sadness, and feeling sorry for my in pain self...I am super thankful. 

Ian- this guy brings me ice water when I'm throwing up.  That's love.  He has a big heart, and I'm so thankful that he's my husband, my partner in crime, the father to my children.

Max-this kid is the best.  He is full of life, love, and laughter.  He always makes my days 100 times better...even if I'm in a ton of pain.

Family- I'm blessed beyond words with the family I have. I'm so thankful for every single person in my family.  I love them.

Friends- being away from family it's always a good thing to surround yourself with amazing people.  Hands down our friends are absolutely wonderful and an extension to our family. (and they make you salmon when you're not eating turkey or ham for Thanksgiving.) 

I hope all those important to me know that I'm thankful for them every day. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope you enjoyed spending time with loved ones, eating yummy food, and letting those around your know just how much they mean to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment