12/3/12

The Big 3-0!

Thirty, flirty, and thriving....according to 13 Going on 30.  :)  That's all I could think of leading up to my birthday.  I just remember being in elementary school and thinking 30 was old.  My teachers were old, parents were old....I was never going to be old.  Now I know that back then all the adults around me were not old.   What can I say....I was young. 

Saturday kicked off my bday celebration.  Shoot, if I was turning 30, I was going to make a weekend out of it.  Our friends, Leslie and Josh, were awesome and watched Max for us while we went to the movies.  Not just any movie theater, but only the coolest one I've ever been to!  We went to iPic Theater in Scottsdale.  On the way there Ian had been joking about them serving us candy in a glass bowl.  We get there and it's a pretty swanky place.  We went into the theater and they walked us to our seats, which came with our own pillows and blankets.  We had a nice server lady.  We ordered our food before the movie, and they brought us our candy in a martini glass.  We saw Skyfall, which I have to say I really liked.  The whole iPic experience was awesome!  I definitely want to go back! 

That night we went to the Beachy's to help put up their Christmas lights...well Ian.  I chatted it up with Laura and we watched the kiddos play and make messes.  They made me my favorite dessert for my bday.  When I was younger my mom would make me the yellow no bake cheese cake.   There in their fridge was a yellow no bake cheese cake!!  So yummy, and nice of them to remember that was my fav.  :) 

Sunday, the big day.  I woke up to bday wishes on facebook, twitter, and phone calls.  It's always nice to feel special on your bday.  I love that friends take the time out of their day to wish me a happy bday.  I love to respond to each one of them too.  Mel and Jake came over to watch the Steelers game, which they won! Woot woot!  Mel also made me a chocolate peppermint cake.  Y'all know this pregnant lady loves her chocolate!

So now I'm 30.  30.  It's just so crazy to me how time goes by so fast.  I remember in elementary school I couldn't wait to be a grown up.  In high school I couldn't wait to graduate.  Then I graduated and life went in fast forward.  In a blink of an eye I went from 18 to 30.  I'm really excited about this year.  We'll welcome a new addition to our family, which I'm so happy about.  I'm thirty, flirty, and thriving!!  :) 

Thanks again for all the birthday love.  I felt it. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday girl!! I can't wait to talk and FINALLY meet you. So much blogging and pinterest talk. The boys can roll their eyes at us, but they still gotta love us.

    Jessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well! :)

      Delete