So as I was saying I was catching up on Grace's blog and I saw a post about flourless pancakes. It only has two ingredients. TWO! One banana and one large egg. Sounds pretty easy, and they looked like your normal pancakes when they were done. I never got around to making them though. Then I was on Pinterest (shocker) and there's a recipe floating around about flourless pancakes. I took it as a sign that I needed to make them. So I did!
I, or course, spiced it up by adding strawberries to my pancake, and I left the kiddos pancake plain. Let me just say that this was the easiest thing to make, and dare I say it's fool proof. You can find Grace's post on this yummy goodness HERE, and the one from Pinterest HERE.
1. You'll need a banana and one large egg. (If you want to add any fruit or vanilla, by all means do it!) This morning I cut up some strawberries to add into mine and then had some strawberries on the side.
2. Mush up the banana until it's a mushy, baby food looking mess.
3. Add the egg and mix it all up.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray so it doesn't turn into a hot mess, and add your mix. I used a 1/4 measuring cup.
5. Add your fruit of choice, if you wish to do so, and cook until lightly golden brown. (Mine probably could have used a few extra seconds. When I cooked the kiddos I let each one stay one minute on each side.
5. Serve up and eat, eat, eat! I used sugar free syrup, solely for the purpose of not having the kiddos start their morning on a sugar high. They had milk, and I had my yummy cup of coffee in my Yotes mug which makes it taste so much better.
I thought they were very tasty and I will definitely make them again. However, they did not pass the toddler test. What do 2 year olds know?? All I have to say is they missed out on some good pancakes.