2/8/13

Calming Jars


Max and K made calming jars yesterday.  You may have seen them on Pinterest.  Are you shocked that I'm doing an activity from Pinterest? :)

HERE is the link I went to and followed directions to make their cool, sparkly, calming jars. 

You'll need: water, sugar, jars and glitter.
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of sugar in a pot. (Since I was making two jars I doubled the water and sugar.)
2. Have your two jars and glitter on stand by. (I let K and Max choose the color they wanted their jars to be. They were beyond excited.)
3. Bring water and sugar to a boil, and let the sugar dissolve. 
4. Once you carefully pour the sugar water into the jars (it's super hot, don't burn yourself! You've been warned!) add your glitter (1 teaspoon) and food coloring.  (I let the mixture cool down before shaking it up and handing them over to the toddlers.)

The kiddos loved their jars and watching the "sparkles".  Definitely a fun activity for toddlers! (and adults :))


post signature


3 comments:

  1. ooooh I'm going to have to make this! I wonder if I would be able to put the liquid in a nonbreakable container. I fear that Nicolas would drop it on the floor..he's not the most careful kid. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could definitely use a nonbreakable container. I have a ton of mason jars when I went through a mason jar salad phase, so I'm trying to use them in crafts to get rid of them. :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! I need to make these.

    ReplyDelete