2/14/13

Valentine's Day

Oh good ole' Valentine's Day.  There are people who either love it, hate it, or think it's stupid because why take one day out of the year to tell the ones you love that you love them, when you should be saying that 365 days.  Wow that was a lot to say! 

I am one of the people who love Valentine's Day.  Yes, I tell Ian, Max, and others in my life that I love them as much as possible, but on Vday it's extra special.  This Vday Ian and I went to dinner just the two of us...well 2.5 of us.  Baby girl got a good meal.  Max went over to K's to play, and they were both excited about it all day.  We went last night because we knew places would be crazy busy tonight. It was a lovely dinner full of laughter.  Ian is hilarious, even though sometimes I don't let him know this because it so goes to head.  We chatted about girl names.  I asked, "On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being heck no, and 10 being I love it where does Ava fall."  He said a 5, way better than I thought.  For me, Mia is a 3.  Did we get close to naming our Little Miss. No, but it was a fun/funny conversation to have.  Our waiter was trying to make us laugh and be all funny, but I think we were too young for his jokes.  We gave the polite laugh, but the old folks around were laughing (like deep hearty laughs) at his jokes.   That was kinda funny. 

I, of course, took a bump pic because even though I was sick, I wanted you readers to get a full selfie of the 25w bump.  No picture of me and the baby daddy, because quite frankly I wasn't thinking..I'm so congested my head feels like it's going to explode. 

This morning I made vday pancakes for Max and K.  I was so excited about it, that I even added red food coloring to make it more festive.  Who wouldn't want to eat redish/pink heart pancakes on Vday?! (I also made Ian  breakfast in bed, because I loooovvveeee him and wanted him to feel special this morning. Well I made breakfast and took it to him in bed... He didn't want breakfast.  I told him he will eat it and like it because it was made with love.  Romantic.)

Max and K were so excited about the hearts, but that's where their excitement ended.  They did NOT want to touch them.  They did NOT want to eat them.  I may have scarred them with the flourless pancakes I made that was a failure, or the color threw them off.  I don't know.  I did what any mother would do though...I told them if they wanted their vday gifts they had to take bite of their pancakes.  Take ONE bite they did.  Oh well...

Max and K exchanging Vday gifts.  It was so cute I could have died.  Before K gave Max his gift she hid it behind her back. So flippin cute. Max was so excited about the cars we had to open it up immediately so he could play with the blue car.   K loved her M&M fan that Max picked out for her and the Doc McStuffins book.  The fan has been a huge hit and I think Max secretly wants to hide it so he can keep it for himself.  He's sneaky like that. 

I plan on making the kiddos heart pb&j sandwiches for lunch. They better eat the festive lunch.  If I were two I would so love eating heart shaped food.  Hell I'm 30 and I'd enjoy it.  I think this vday post is long enough and I've said vday and love enough to not make you gag.   I will say both words some more. 

Happy Valentine's Day to you!  I hope it is filled with love as are the other 364 days of the year.  Those of you who hate Vday and may have done some eye rolling while reading, just look at the picture of Max and K...aren't they cute? 







2 comments:

  1. Looks like a very happy V Day. My son is really funny about any food that is different or even looks different. I usually have to bribe him to take a bite, and then he likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next time I'll just leave the pancakes the same, no food coloring. :)

      Delete