3/5/13

Glucose Test

Today I had my glucose test.  I remember when I was pregnant with Max the taste of the drink they gave me wasn't the greatest.  It was almost too sweet.  This time around, since I've been a sugar addict, the drink tasted so good to me.  I seriously hope because I enjoyed that sugary goodness that it doesn't mean I have gestational diabetes.  No news is good news, so I'm hoping I don't hear from them this week.

The doctor, Dr. B, was amazing.  It was my first time seeing her, and I loved her immediately.  She was a bit concerned about my fluid levels, so she sent me to have an ultrasound done.  The ultrasound tech was hilarious and talking to the baby like she wasn't in my belly.  Little Miss must have been on a sugar high because she was nonstop moving.   Everything looked great.  The fluid levels were perfect.  She was practice breathing on her own, which the tech was super happy about.  The tech also told me that Little Miss has HAIR!  She showed me a close up of her and sure enough, right there on her pretty little head, is hair!  I also got a good look at her feet.  Feet that she uses to kick the begeezus out of me.   I loved seeing her on the ultrasound.  I loved feeling her kick while I was watching her on the screen.  I cannot wait to meet this little girl.

I go back next week for my rh- shot, and then after that I get to see the dr. every two weeks!  Oh, I'm so happy and excited!!!











post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love hearing about all your baby posts. Gary and I are living through you and Ian. Love the new signature on the blog. looks amazing.

    xo
    jessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Gary will be there one day, and then I'll be living through you. :) Thanks on the signature!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your ultrasound was a lot of fun.

    Hopefully your blood sugar levels come back normal. Did you have the 1 hr test or the 3 hr one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was only the 1 hr test. I hope I don't have to take the 3hr test! I guess I'll find out by the end of the week...

      Delete
  3. Awww she already has chubby cheeks! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a complete sugar addict this pregnancy, too! Ugg. The good news for you is that it doesn't mean you will have GD for sure!! I had it last pregnancy and never wanted sugar! I am pretty positive I have it this time too - I will find out this week. Blah. Hope you get no news!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No news!! Unless they are playing some mean trick, and I get a call today. Good luck with your test!!

      Delete