4/30/13

Family Shenanigans

I realize after posting about moving, it may make me sound like I'm super close to having a nervous breakdown.  I promise, I'm a-ok.   Moving in general is a tad bit stressful, so throw in being at the end of my pregnancy and only a couple weeks to get everything done, and it amplifies the stress.  With that said, I may complain some more, shed more tears, but in the end I know things are going to be just fine.

In all the madness my family came to visit before we make the big move.  They came in Thursday night.  Friday was the Yotes last home game of the season, and our last game. (tear) Not gonna lie, watching them salute the crowd at the end made me a tad bit sad.  We've been consumed by this team for the past 6 years.  The arena is our home away from home during the hockey season.  Max grew up watching the Yotes from the time he was 4 weeks old.  I will always be a Coyotes fan.  Always.  Highlights of the game: My brother took a picture with a few girls from the Paw Patrol.  Max giggled, and when I asked him if he wanted a picture with the girls he got a serious look on his face and said, "No!"  That will change one of these days... :) The game also went to a shootout, but in the end my boys lost.  Boo.

Such a stud!

Oh my boys....

My Dad came into town Saturday.  Max loves spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa.  He also loves the technology they bring with them. (iPad and tablet)  He played hockey with his Uncle, and tried to wrestle his Auntie.   

To say that Max was sad when they left on Sunday was an understatement.  First of all, he hates to say goodbye in general.   So when they were getting in their cars and driving away, he couldn't even make a complete sentence he was so upset.  When we got inside he threw his shoes, and was mumbling in a whiny voice.  Totally saying toddler badwords.  Seeing me sob didn't help his mood either.  

We ended our weekend with going to the Rib Fest and eating some yummy bbq and funnel cake.  All in all I'd say it was a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to having my family come visit us in WA once baby girl gets here.  




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment