4/29/13

Moving 101

April 22, 2013

Today it's official, we're moving.   Let that sink in.  I have mixed emotions.  I'm really excited about moving and where we're moving to.  I'm really excited that Ian is getting this great professional opportunity.  On the other hand.  I'm really sad because it's moving us away from family.  I'm really sad because it's moving us away from friends.  I'm really sad because we're moving Max away from K (and baby girl away from Baby K...total belly bffs ).  On top of all that, oh I'm just 34 weeks pregnant.   So right now I'm a ball of stress.  Happy/sad stress.    A happy/sad ball of stress that is a sobbing mess.  Hot mess.

April 23, 2013

I'M STRESSED OUT.  The end.

No seriously though....can stress make me go into labor?   I already told Ian that I'm probably going to cry every day until we are settled in our new place (that doesn't exist yet).  So far, I'm  2 for 2.   I will say though, seeing the happiness and excitement on Ian's face makes all these emotions worth it.

April 24, 2013

Today Ian told me that we'll be moving on May 4th.  That's 11 days from now.  11.  He told me as we were going to the splash pad with Leslie, K and Baby K.   I may have had a minor breakdown.  3 for 3 on the crying.  Lord help me.  I think I figured out the moving of our stuff, so that's a huge weight off my shoulders.  Now we just a need a place to call home and I'll be good.  Oh, and the baby to give her full cooperation and not make her debut until we are in WA.  I'm seriously scared I'll go into labor on our drive.  Dear Lord, please don't let me go into labor on the drive.  Please.   So I asked Ian if he would take me to Forks.  All you Twilight lovers know what I'm talking about.  He asked me, "What's in Forks?"  Umm, hello?  Edward Cullen.  Boys, know nothing.  :)  The teenager in me is super, duper excited about this.... until my panic attack/breakdown/cry fest...tomorrow.

April 25, 2013

4 for 4.  That's all I'm saying today.

April 26, 2013

There were NO tears today.  Happy Dance!!  We also have a moving company booked AND we  may have found a place to call home. (update: still not confirmed....we're cutting it close!)

Tomorrow we're taking part in our community Garage Sale.  I've never done a Garage Sale, and depending how tomorrow goes will determine if I ever do it again.  Or at least make sure I'm not pregnant while doing so.  That's key for moving.  If you are ever moving the number one thing is to make sure you are not 35 weeks pregnant.

April 27, 2013

This morning I'm functioning on 2 1/2 hours of sleep and a caramel frappe.  We started off bright and early for the garage sale.  I'm happy to report that we did make some extra $$, but I also learned a few things.
1.) I'm a total push over.  Some man offered me $3 for two pairs of Max's shoes, nice shoes.  I should have stuck with $5, but I was like, "Ummm....okay." Thinking: Ian is totally going to kill me.
2.) I own far too many romantic comedy dvds, and the type of crowd the garage sale pulled in weren't fans.
3.) A nice old lady told me that I was selling my books for too much.  I love books, and buy them when they first come out, hardback covered, read maybe twice.  I was selling them for a whopping $2.00.  Umm...I think that's a pretty nice deal, but apparently I was wrong.   She left empty handed.
4.) I'm probably never going to have another garage sale again.

April 28, 2013

Today my family left and it was S.A.D.  I know I'm going to see them again, but this was the last time they'd leave from our home in AZ.  They won't be just 6 hours away.  I was a sobbing mess.  Sobbing.  I pretty much cried the rest of the day.

April 29, 2013

I hate being put on hold when you call into cancel a service.  Today I had 3 places I had to call to cancel and only one of the places was awesome and took care of it right away.  One place kept me on the phone for over 40 minutes.  The last place kept me on hold, not talking to anyone, for almost 30 minutes.  Then I find out that our contract magically gets renewed each year.  So we're still under contract until the end of the year.  Beyond LAME, and I told her so.  I am not a happy camper right now.  I'm actually really pissed.  I will say I'm not a fan of moving at this fast pace that we're doing.  I will also say again that being pregnant isn't making things easier. (hence me being super pissed off!)

I had my tummy check appointment today where I told Dr. S it would be my last visit because we're hitting the road on Sunday.  I thought because I'm going to be 36 weeks pregnant he would be concerned.  There was no concern what so ever.  So I guess I need to stop worrying about being this pregnant and moving, because it's apparently not a big deal.  Baby girl is positioned the way we want her to be, her heartbeat sounded lovely, and he did a test that needs to be done a little early so that I don't have to worry about getting it done in WA.  Dr. S told me for being this far a long I look really good.  I, of course, told him I loved him and that he's my favoritest doctor ever.

Now you're all up to date on what's going on in my life.  :)  So there might not be posts for a couple weeks, and now you know why.  I'm leaving the heat behind, and that's one thing I'm not sad about!

I hope your week is less stressful than mine.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment