5/28/13

40w6d Appointment?!!?

Today I had an appointment with Dr. E, who I'm not very fond of. My appointment got pushed back from 11:15 to 11:45 because (shocker) she was running late. We actually didn't get taken back until 12:45 and then good ole Dr. E comes in about 10 minutes later. 

Magically I went from 1.5 cm dilated to a whopping 1 cm.  I asked about being induced and she didn't want to speak of it until I see her again NEXT week.  I'll be flippin 40w6d at that appointment. Holy hell I'm not a happy camper. 

Maybe this doctor is old school (she is old), but I wish I was seeing Dr. S.  I'm thankful I only have to see her at most two more times, and then never again. 

40w6d....never thought I'd say that. Seriously hope baby girl cuts me some slack here and makes her debut before next Tuesday.   Though last night it seemed like she was crawling higher, making it clear she doesn't want out. 

Me before my appointment when I was looking for some happy news.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain (I was late with all 3 of mine, but I won't tell you how long because that would just be mean)! What worked me for to keep from killing someone after my due date was to just keep reminding myself that we were talking DAYS now, not weeks. It's rough being late, especially when everyone you see likes to make sweet comments like "Still no baby, huh?" to which I would usually reply through gritted teeth while white knuckling the shopping cart to prevent a strangling, "Nope, not yet!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was reading online that you aren't considered overdue until 42 weeks!!! WTH?! Oh yes, the texts and messages have started. You're right about the days....it just feels like I'll be pregnant forever. Ha!

      Delete