5/4/13

Arizona

Dear Arizona,
I've lived here for almost 8 years, and I had no idea what you had in store for me.  Within the first two weeks, I started my first year teaching, had my retina detach, and questioned why the heck I moved away from my family in NM.  I was not a fan of you when I first moved here.  Somehow though I made it through that first year, and let me tell you it was rough.  I also met a boy who made it a little easier. :)

With all the ups and downs I've had while living in this hot state, I'm going to miss living here.  I met my husband here, Max was born here, (we only have two days left here but baby girl could be born here), I taught 7 years, we've met amazing people here, I fell in love with a hockey team...well with hockey in general ( I do love Doaner and Biz!), and we've made memories that will last a lifetime.

I can't say that I'll miss the heat during the summer.  No, I can say with 100% certainty that I WILL NOT miss the heat.  Being pregnant in the heat is not fun.  

We made great friends here and I could call you all out one by one and say something mushy about you, but I'll refrain.   Just know that YOU made living in AZ pretty darn great, and I'm going to miss you.

K, Max is going to miss you the most.  He may only be 2 (almost 3 in 3 short months), but he knows that you are his BFF.   He's going to miss going to the park with you, reading books, sitting in his wagon and having serious conversations, playing hockey, dancing, and laughing with you.

So Arizona, thanks for 8 great years of memories.

The day my family helped me move into my first apartment
 
Catching a DBacks game with my then boyfriend.

Ian in his early days working for the Coyote.
My favoritest  hockey player.
Tailgating before the Steelers took on the Cardinals. 
Ian gave us a tour of the arena back in 2008.
       
Beachy Halloween Bash

The day we became a family of 3!
Max's very first hockey game!


 BFFS











post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment