5/21/13

June Baby?

I had a tummy check appointment this morning.  This is my second time seeing Dr. E and both times she's "running late". Umm yeah we had to wait for over an hour and let's just say Max wasn't impressed. He turned into MadMax and was determined to cause trouble. He thought he was the doctor and could look in the drawers, play with the light, and bang on the key board.  I probably would have been the same way if I were two, hungry, and just wanted to hear my little sister's heartbeat. 

The good doctor walks in mid banging of key board and Max jumped into his seat so fast. I was impressed with his quickness.  She listened to baby girl's heartbeat, a strong 144 bpm.  Then she also checked me, and I was thinking positive thoughts like 3 maybe 4 cm dilated.  Then she says, "ohhh you're 1.5 cm dilated!"  Uh, that's it?  She was so chipper you would have thought she was telling me I was 10cm.  I have to schedule an appointment for next week, which I hope I won't make it to.  Dr. E even joked that I could have a June baby.  Not funny lady.  She must have seen the look of terror on my face and then said, "or you could be in labor tonight! You never know!"

Guess we'll find out soon enough! 

4 comments:

  1. It's getting soooo close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there will be picture overload!! :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the final days of this pregnancy! I've had my heart set on my baby coming before the end of the month for a long time but with only being less than 1 cm dilated at the beginning of the week I wonder too if I'll have a June baby...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too!! Lets think positive (and do jumping jacks) about having May babies!

      Delete