5/12/13

Mom Memories




In honor of Mother's Day I thought I would share some of my favorite memories with my mom.

(in no particular order)


  • When we lived in Vaughn we would take day trips to Albuquerque to do grocery shopping and what not.  We always made the best of those trips.  Going out for lunch, movies, just spending the whole day with my mom was awesome.
  • When I was in like 3rd or 4th grade my Mom let me pick a new bed.  I picked bunk beds.  I was an only child at the time, so naturally I would want bunk beds.   I can still remember the day it was delivered, and how excited I was.  My Mom was pretty cool to let me pick my own bed...as weird as my picking was. :)
  • We always went to church, and I would play with gloves and scarves.  I would put the gloves inside the scarf and pretend it was a baby.  I also would pretend my Mom's hand was a baby....I had an awesome imagination. (Obviously this is when I was younger.  I wasn't like 10 doing this while in church.)
  • In school I had written a story about a monkey in a grocery store, and my Mom was laughing as she read my story.  She was laughing so hard it turned into the cry laugh and I panicked.  I asked her if I should call 911.  Little did I know my writing was just that funny. 
  • After a snow storm we were walking to my Grandma Molly's apartment and the snow drifts were so high it was hard for little old me to walk through them.  I was afraid we were going to get stuck, and again wanted to call for help.  I'm pretty sure my Mom was laughing at me, but I guess I tended to worry a lot when I was younger. 
  • She's probably going to kill me for sharing this story, but when my Mom had gotten some sort of attachment on her braces she was talking with a lisp.  We went to McDonald's after her appointment and she was trying to order me a cheeseburger, only she couldn't say it right.  I was dying laughing in the car.  I still laugh when I think about it, and I'm pretty sure I got into trouble for all my laughing. 
A friend made a comment on Facebook about how when we're younger we can't wait to grow-up and leave home, and then once we're grown-up we can't wait to go back home.  I couldn't agree more.  I was so ready to go off to college, and once my family drove away and left me there I just wanted to go back home. Then I moved to AZ for a job, and when my family drove away, I wanted to go back home.  I find it really hard to be away from my family, but especially my Mom.  I think growing up with it being just me and her for  most of my childhood, she wasn't only my Mom but one of my best friends.  Even to this day I can talk to her about anything...well almost.  I drew the line at 50 Shades of Grey once I knew what it was about. 

Now that we're living in WA, I find myself really, really missing my Mom.  (Keep in mind we've only been here since Wednesday.  I'm a total mama's girl.)  

Mom,
Happy Mother's Day.  I love you.  Thank you for always being not only a great Mom, but a great best friend and role model.  I'm so glad Max and baby girl have you as their Grandma.  I super hate that I live farther away from you, but I know you're only a phone call, Skype chat, flight away.  So plan on a flight to come visit me soon...like tomorrow.  I hope your day is special, because you are the BEST Mom. 




We need more recent pictures....

To all you soon to be Mamas, and those who are Mommy's: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment