8/20/13

3 Years

Three years ago today whole lives changed when Max came into this world.  We knew nothing about being parents, and now here we are three years later all parenty pro-ish.   (We had another kiddo so we obviously feel confident in our skills.)

Max,
We cannot believe you are already 3! It seems like just yesterday we heard your first cry and you were placed in my arms.  Here you are, my 3 year old boy.  You make us so happy my sweet boy.  We are beyond blessed to be your parents.  Some things about you (Max Facts as I like to call them)

-You no longer like to take naps.  The days of 2 hour naps are gone, and those two hours are now filled with more playing.

-You talk nonstop.  You go through phases where you like to say a certain word repeatedly.  In the past couple days your favorite word is "huh"...I don't even know if it's a word.  You'll say, "Mommy, what you doing, huh?" It's so funny.  You also like to say it when I tell you to do something. 
     Me: Max pick up your toys.
     You: Huh?
     Me: Pick up your toys.
     You: Huh?
     Me: PICK UP YOUR TOYS.
     You: (laughing) Ooohhhh pick up my toys? Oh right Mommy!

-You love to talk about what you did during the day and give every detail that you can remember. 

-You love to play rough and fight with your Daddy.  Your right hook is awesome.  Your Daddy might not agree.

-You get all up in Emma's face and say, "Hiiiiii! Hi Emma!" Then she smiles at you, and you get so happy and say, "Look, she's miling at me!" (You don't have the sm sound down yet.)

- You live for PB and J sandwiches, but really it's PB and H (honey), but no matter how many times I say honey you always say, "Yeah peanut butter jelly sammich."

-When Daddy goes for a run you always say, "Go down lake and get milkshake." to which you and him laugh like it's the funniest thing. 

-You still love hockey, but now you love playing soccer. 

Oh Max I could go on forever, but one day when you read this you'll probably be so embarrassed so I'll stop...well actually I want to take a video of you and ask you questions.  Might as well embarrass you more!  Being your Mommy is the best.  I love you. Forever and ever, to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond. 


I'll never forget the moment I held my Max for the first time.

My sweet boy turning 1!


So serious at 2.  We had just gotten him a haircut.



Birthday Survey in Max's words.
Favorite food:
Beans and Rice
Favorite sport:
Soccer 
Favorite show:
Ninja Turtles and Spiderman
Best Friend:
Daddy and then Emma and then Mommy
Favorite thing to learn right now:
Tracing 
The thing he does most awesomely is:
Spelling his name! (Thank goodness it's only 3 letters.  We're going to have to start working on our last name....)
If I could go anywhere in the world:
Down lake. (He loves going to the lake and playing at the park!)
Favorite color:
Green
When I grow up I'm going to be...:
Coyote (Still loves hockey and his favorite team.)
Current favorite song:
Row Row Row Your Boat (Which he loves to sing over and over again.)
Favorite book:
Hungry Caterpillar
Llama Llama Mad at Mama
Three words that describe me:
Loving (Watching him with Emma is melt your heart worthy.)
Boyish (The spittingis getting out of hand.  He took a drink of milk only to keep it in his mouth so he could spit it out.  I thought he threw up, but no...)
My favorite season:
Summer
Favorite snack:
Fruit Snacks
One food that I dislike:
Green Beans (He loves to tell me what he "not like", and he won't eat it. At all.)
My best friend:
Daddy (Seriously so cute when he said this.)
If I had one wish it would be..:
To go down lake and play mini golf. 










post signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Max! Loved all the fun "favorites" you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow too fastttt!!! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete