9/30/13

4 Months




Emma Facts
-Off the charts in weight (17 lbs) and height (27 in), and is a Baby Shaq.
-She has found her voice, and babbles loudly.
-Still putting everything into her mouth, especially her hands and clothing.
-Loves the song If You're Happy and You Know It, and most of the time when she's crying this will calm her down. (Most of the time, but not always.)
-She's wearing 6 month clothing, and size 3 diapers.
-Still a gross, stinky pooping machine with multiple explosion of diapers.  (Just this weekend she pooped all over her Daddy, and we laughed.  We, meaning me and Emma.)
-Only LoLs at her brother.  Ian and I try to make her laugh, and we get pitty laughs, not the real thing.



She had her 4m checkup today and she was poked 4 times and had an oral vaccine.  Her fav was the oral because she thought she was eating.  She obviously loves her food.  She cried and cried, and no matter how many times I've seen my kiddos get vaccinated I always feel terrible for them.  Max got the nose bubbles flu vaccination.  Thank god he was able to do the mist, because I think he would have flipped if he had to get a shot.

The nice Dr. W recommended that Emma not have solids until she's 6 months.  I asked about rice cereal, because I remember giving Max that at 4 months.  She said not until 6 months, and even then they recommend oatmeal, because there have been studies that show rice cereal has traces of arsenic in it.   So I guess we'll wait...boo I was super excited about giving Emma baby foodl because she smacks her lips when she sees us eating food.

These past 4 months have been amazing with this little girl, and continuing to watch Max grow into his big brother role.  Now, I have to get to her divaness, because after 4 shots, she's not the most gracious at the moment.






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment