It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile.  I sang that while I typed it.  You know, the Staind song?  Yeah so in the past 9 days this family of 4 had our first trip that involved airplanes.  I was super nervous about Emma flying, because she's a diva, and her crying (screaming) is LOUD.  Little did I know it wasn't her screaming that was going to cause some problems on the plane....


Airplane to Chicago
There was a delay because first there was some mechanical problem, and then there was lighting so we were grounded until we got the okay.  Total we were on the plane for about an hour before we took off.

Max-This kid is just a great little traveler.  He entertained himself, he sang songs, took a little nap, he looked out the window.  He was antsy maybe the last 10 minutes of the 3 hour 24 minute flight.

Emma- Well...her first flight went really well.  She only screamed bloody murder for about 5 minutes total, if that.  I changed her diaper once, which took awhile because they only have ONE changing table in the 3 bathrooms they had in the back of the plane.  Just so happened someone was in the one I needed for a solid 15 minutes.  Emma was not impressed and this was where she turned into a diva.  I was scared to go in there. 

Death Stares: Only one!  A not so nice looking older man, who must have had a heart of coal, turned around and gave the death stare to our family of 4. 

Chicago: Ian was in our friend's wedding, so Thursday and Friday he had wedding festivities, and the kiddos and I explored Lake Forest.

Friday: We had a donut breakfast date.  Max enjoyed it so much he had sprinkles all over his face.  Emma missed out because she was sleeping.  Next time.

Then we went to Yu Kids Island so Max could play.  This one was located in the mall, and it was so cute.  It's a super colorful place, and Max was saying, "Ohhhh this looks fun mommy!" from the moment we walked in to kid heaven.  We stayed almost two hours.  He played and played, jumped and jumped, and of course played basketball.  He wasn't upset to leave because they gave him

a balloon. 
Back at the hotel Max had brought a small backpack full of his toys that he packed himself.  It's not a large backpack, and I was surprised to see just how many toys he managed to fit into his bag.
Cell phone- to call Kinlee and tell her all about his travels.
Cars- 10 (they all aren't visible in my blurry picture.)
Ninja Turtles- 3
Woody doll- 1
Fighting men- 2
Whale- 1
Ball- 1
And we may have left with a new Spiderman toy and a book....
Saturday we went sight seeing and went to Navy Pier.  My cousin, Adrianna, met up with us and it was a lovely time.  We ate at the Billy Goat Tavern, and had their Cheezborger.  I couldn't even say it.
This was the view from the very top of the ferris wheel.  It's so beautiful!
We also took a boat tour while we were there.  It was an architecture tour, and it was really cool.  The guy doing all the talking was kind of funny.  The last 15 minutes was a speedboat ride, music blared, and it turned into Magic Mike on a Boat, but with clothes on...thankfully.  This guy just started busting out dance moves.  I could not stop laughing.  
That night we had Lou Malnati's for dinner.....
amazingly delicious.
 Seriously, now am I supposed to eat any other type of pizza now?
Airplane to Seattle
Max-and the best traveler award goes to..... he slept more than half of the flight.  Went to the potty twice where he happily announced to the plane that he went pee pee in the potty.  Again he got antsy right before we landed, but when he could look out the window he was a happy boy.

Emma- No diva moments this trip.  She was awesome.  I had to change her diaper twice.  First time, mid change she decided to pee and it went everywhere.  Everywhere.  Her whole outfit was soaked. She was cooing and laughing at me. I had to change her outfit back at our seat.  Then she had an explosion of a diaper, and it got on Ian.  She was on a roll! When we went back for the second changing I had to give her a talk and let her know peeing mid change was not okay.   She listened.

Death Stares: ZERO!
We got home Sunday.  Monday-Wednesday I was sick, sick, sick. Somewhere in there we took Emma to the Dr., because she had been screaming like she was in pain.  The good Dr. told me Emma was fine, but she was worried about me.  Then she tells me that my mom needs to come and take care of me and help with the kids.  I started crying. 1)because I just didn't feel good, and 2) I miss my Mom.  So the Dr. starts asking me, "Oh dear, what's the matter?  Do you need to talk?"  Umm...no.  You just reminded me that my family lives super far away, I'm sick, I was super worried about Emma...I'm good.
Two blinks and now it's Friday.  Not that I'm complaining, because I love Fridays.  I leave you with this to think of...when we took Emma to the Dr. she weighed in at 16 lbs.  She's 3 months. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Wow that seems like a great adventure! The photo of the 2 of them together on the plane is so precious. Sorry about the diaper troubles on the plane and then getting sick.