11/20/13

Everyone Poops

Saturday Max woke up with a runny nose.  The poor guy's nose was like a faucet and would yell, "Boogers!" grab a Kleenix, clean his nose (but really he didn't), and throw the Kleenex away (which was a clean Kleenex.).  I took over nose wiping duty.  He was still his trouble maker self, but you could tell by looking at his eyes that he wasn't feeling well.  Thing about germs is they spread so easily, so poor sweet Emma woke up Sunday with a runny nose.  Sick babies are so sad looking.  She was still happy, but her eyes....oh so sad.   Total she's had 5 steam baths.  Nights were the worst, because she couldn't sleep, because she couldn't breathe from her nose, which meant I couldn't sleep.  So Monday and Tuesday were rough.   Last night Max fell asleep at 6:00, and woke up this morning at 8:00.  Emma slept the whole night, once she got comfortable.  I slept so hard.  Those germs though....now I'm feeling a bit under the weather.   Curse you germs!  Mom's don't get sick days, so I'm going to pretend that I'm a-ok.  I'm okay.  I'm okay.  I feel like crap and my head just might explode, but I'm okay.

Emma is a teething machine and tries to attack anything and everything, and puts it in her mouth.  She got her tiny hands on Max's hockey net, and this happened.  Max wasn't very happy with her slobber on his hockey net, so he pried it out of hands and moved it to safety.  The hockey net lives to see another day. 

Sweet Emma.  She napped a lot throughout the days while she was sick, but only in my arms. I love baby snuggles, but I couldn't get anything done.  So when Ian would get home the house was a mess, and he'd ask, "Rough day?"  Umm yes...rough day snuggling our baby girl. 

Max LOVES this story.  He's heard it so many times that he has it memorized and reads it to us. This morning we couldn't get out of bed until we read it together.  What a great way to start your day, don't you think?  


Happy Wednesday.  I'm not going to use the word that usually gets said with a Wednesday (**** Day), because then I get inappropriate searches on my blog and very inappropriate referring sites. No thank you.  Those doing the naughty searches are super disappointed when they see it's a blog about the Mommyhood...and poop, because everyone poops. 






post signature

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm glad both of your little ones are feeling better. Germs are no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Me too!! Though, I think Emma's teething is getting the better of her today. :(

      Delete