11/8/13

When I was a Kid....

Linking up with Janine to Finish the Sentence Friday.

When I was a kid I thought...

-my uncles were mean because they would torture me with the gold butterflies on my grandma's wall. They thought it was funny.  It wasn't.  I was scarred for life.  (They weren't really mean, they just made not nice choices towards my fear of butterflies.)

-my Grandma Molly made the best tortillas.  It was even better when she'd let me help make them, and then we'd eat a warm, freshly made tortilla with butter.  Yum-o.

-my Grandma Grace's house was the greatest place to be when all the Tenorios were in town. 

-I would live in Vaughn forever. 

-I would marry Jonathan Taylor Thomas.   Home Improvement was one of my favorite shows and I loved JTT. Uh, hello Bop Magazine.

-Lisa Frank trapperkeepers were a must for each school year.  Colorful and organizational.

-New Kids on the Block were the best and I was going to marry Jordan. (I wanted to marry a lot of boys.)

-I had a long lost twin (after reading Sweet Valley Twins) and my Mom must have given her up for adoption. 

-joining the track team was going to be fun.  It wasn't.

-dogs were the scariest animal ever.  My cousin had a huge dog that scared the begeezus out of me.

-I was so cool when my Mom let me buy a Cover Girl powder compact.  I'd take it out during school and put powder on...I think I may have put too much on during the day.

It's so funny to think about what you thought as a kid, and then look at how things are now.  I knew a whole lot of nothing, but at that time I thought I knew everything. Silly me.   Well Mr. Fussypants is out in full force. Again.  He's mad because I cut his sammich in triangles, he wanted rectangles.  He doesn't want to eat it here, he wants to eat it there.  He doesn't want juice, he wants milk.  Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  Fun stuff.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. The end made me giggle and so sounds like my girls. And by the way, I was going to marry Joey McIntryre!! Seriously, thank you for linking up with us this week and hope you join us again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The make-up one is good. Don't we all have phases we'd like to forget about ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, but those compacts were so cool!

      Delete
  3. That's a memory to treasure ... making tortillas with your Grandma! Maybe you'll get to pass that along to your kiddos and grands. :) [#FTSF]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lack the cooking skills my grandma has, but I'll try!

      Delete
  4. I wanted to marry a lot of boys, too! And I loved the end because my kid actually refused to eat a cookie the other day because it was broken. HA. Childhood really is awesome though, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what kiddos have fits over!

      Delete
  5. Awww to Mr. Fussypants. Hopefully the day didn't go on like that. Funny picturing you putting on powder all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Fussypants only made an appearance for breakfast. Thankfully.

      Delete