1/2/14

Party Animals

New Years Eve celebrating changes when you are a parent.  We get wild and crazy with board games, appetizers, dessert, sparkling cider/champagne, and some midnight kisses.  This year Ian suggested we get a room with a view of the Space Needle because they do a firework show. Pretty firework show, but no loud noise to bother the kiddos, genius.  Well every other parent out there must have had the same idea, because all rooms were booked.  This year we'll be booking that room in July.

Even though we were staying at home I wanted to be festive for Max, because he's kinda bummed that Christmas is over.  He actually is refusing to believe it and continuously sings Jingle Bells and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  Sorry kid, Christmas is still over.

I got suggestions from my best friend (Pinterest..you know me so well.) and went to town.

I made pizza pinwheels, bite size nachos (we made these after having them at the iPic theater), and jalapeno popper pinwheels.

I was super proud of my cupcake clock. S'mores cupcakes that are sinfully good.  My numbers are obviously a tad bit messy, but I can tell you they taste good. 

These two lasted until 11ish, and if we were still in AZ they totally would have made it to the new year.  We played memory, Chutes and Ladders, Uno Moo (3x) so Max was a party animal who tired himself out. 

Ian and I stayed up and watched the ball drop and the firework show at the Space Needle on tv, enjoyed some champagne (1 cup for me because that stuff hits me fast), and stayed up way past midnight.   Ian talked to his parents, and in Alaska they are an hour behind us.  First thing he said was, "Hi! How's 2013 going for you guys?  You should try 2014."  Something along those lines and I was laughing so hard.  Either that was really fun or it was the champagne.

Two days into 2014, and I'm liking it so far.  Here's to a happy, healthy, full of adventures, fun new year!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment