3/8/14

Sounders Game

Today was the Sounders home opener and we were all excited that the day had finally arrived, minus Emma who has no clue what's going on in regards to soccer.  We were all decked out in our Sounders gear 1) to show our support for the boys and 2) Chipotle was doing a BOGO free.   When we went to our first game last year I was wearing a pink and white striped shirt at 36 weeks pregnant and stood out like a sore thumb.  Not this year friends.  I looked like I've been a Sounders fan my whole entire life.  We know the truth.

Ian has to work an hour and a half before the game starts up until the 2nd half, so it's me and the kiddos for a long, long time.  The hour and a half goes pretty quick because we walk around the main level and get Max tatted up, get food, and go potty.  We got to our seats, which has us going down many, many steps.  We get cozy and all is good in the world.  Max informs me he has to go potty.  So up the many, many steps we go.  He goes.  I ask if he's certain he's done because once we go down, we're not coming all. the. way. back. up.  We make our way back down to our seats with minutes to spare.  The game starts, Max is excited and Emma could care less.  She does enjoy people watching and charming strangers with her smile. There's about 10 minutes left in the first half and the rain starts coming down.  We make our way up the mountain of stairs to never go back down again.  Max wanted more fries to eat, because he has a bottomless stomach.  I try to find a seat, but all are taken and I'm staring down a family and inching our way to their table.  They got up and we sniped it before any others could call dibs.  Where we sat until Ian was done and could give me an extra set of hands.  Really, it wasn't a bad experience, but with me being with Max and Emma by myself...it's hard. Especially now that Emma has the back arching, crying, tantrum doing down to a T.

The Sounders won in exciting fashion.  A goal was scored in stoppage time.  In your face Kansas City! We got a win AND a free burrito from Chipotle.  #winningallaround

Emma was stoked about the game. 

Seriously Mama, what is the big deal?

I guess we're going to the soccer game today...

Home opener! Let's go Sounders!

Max enjoyed some fries with his ketchup.

Emma still wasn't sure about the game. 


I'm thinking we'll be watching most of the games from the comfort of our home where the kids can run wild and free. 


The Grits Blog

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment