4/3/14

Land of Enchantment

We went to NM to visit my family, and I was super nervous to fly alone with the kiddos.  I pictured every bad scenario in my head.  The day came and we were up by 3:30 in the am, but it was still dark so Max thought it was the pm.  Our flight left at 6:05 and we flew to AZ.  The kiddos fell right to sleep, but I knew I wouldn't be lucky enough for them to sleep the entire way. Halfway through the almost 3 hour flight Emma had an explosion of a diaper.  I went to change her in the back, but the changing table was in the front of the plane.  Max stayed in his seat playing a game on my phone.  Airplane bathrooms are tiny, so changing Emma's diaper was a challenge.  There was poop everywhere.  Her tights were not worth saving.  I had it on my pants.  Awesome.

Once we landed we found a family restroom in the airport so that I could get Emma fully changed into a different outfit.  The family bathroom was like a flippin' hotel room with bed and shower included.  I would have stayed in there all of our 2.5 hour layover, but apparently that's where all moms like to go to change their little ones.

The AZ airport is ridiculously busy.  Max could not run around like a wild thing, even though he so desperately wanted to play.  Emma also wanted to crawl around, but it just wasn't possible.  By this point I was stressed and wished that Ian was with me, because I needed help.  Now that I look back at it, the flights from Seattle to El Paso weren't bad at all, but at the moment I thought it was the worst traveling I've done with the Littles, and I vowed to never do it again.  When we got to El Paso the car seats came around quickly for us to find, and then we waited for our suitcase.  We waited, waited and waited.  No bag.  I was seconds away from just breaking down, and vowing to never travel again.  Ever.  My bag eventually found it's way to El Paso, but not before I cried and wanted to drink all the shots of vodka in the airport bar.

Our trip itself went by super fast, because time flies when you're having fun.  We had fun people. One of the days we went to our hometown of Vaughn, NM to visit our family there.  My Grandma Molly had only seen Max when he was about Emma's age, and she hadn't met Emma yet.  It was a nice trip, where the blogger in me didn't think to take pictures.  WTF Jennifer?!  I know, terrible.

We had a family birthday party we went to where the Tenorio Clan met Emma for the first time. Emma had her first taste of birthday cake and ice cream.  She is a lover of sugar, and of her Great Grandma Grace.  Max had fun playing with his cousins, and even today is saying that he wants to go back to NM to watch Frozen with Jaxon, eat pizza, and laugh.



Blur of a picture, because that's how our trip to NM was..blurred lines. That smile is also before learning that my bag wasn't in El Paso with us.

The weather also said a big "eff you" to me. 

Emma met Oreo and she loved him.  I can't say the same for Oreo. 

Emma is a bookworm like her brother. 

We were representing the Sounders in NM. 

We went to a cute park that was close to my parent's house....


Max climbed the wall to get to a slide, that he realized he no longer wanted to go down once he was up there.  Fun times. 

He wanted to play basketball with his Uncle and Auntie. 


Posing for a picture like the pro that he is. 

We also went bowling.  Max would throw his ball and it was slooooowly make it's way down the lane.  While it was rolling he would run back to his seat and turn to watch it get there in time to hit the pins down.  Then he would cheer for himself.  He got a strike and he was so excited. 

Before we left we took pictures.  Again, I don't know why I didn't think to take pictures with my Dad or Auntie Alicia.  Big fat fail on my part.  Grandmom and Uncle were lucky that we thought to take pictures. 

Love.

Going home is always a great time, and the first few days after are hard for Max because he wants to see everyone and doesn't understand that we can't just go back to the airport and fly back again right that second he wants to...well we could, but I really don't want to travel with them by myself again.   Our flight home wasn't bad at all.  The kiddos did really well.  We were so excited to see Ian at the airport when we got home.  I really wish I would have taken more pictures.  I once was so good at taking tons of pictures, but now I'm slacking.  

Ian's parents come to visit this weekend!  We're excited to see them, and do some more exploring of the city. 


post signature -

No comments:

Post a Comment