In a matter of minutes Emma can go from Operation Empty Bins....
...to climbing into a toy bin to be one with the toys....
,,,to then pushing Max's stool over to his workbench to try and climb on top of it.
I've said it before. Emma is fearless. She climbs everything. If she falls, she climbs right back up. She's sassy. She's a diva who can throw a mean little punch. Her scream is loud. When she gets mad, her tantrums are fierce. Her slaps sting, and if you don't want to feel them, then don't try and help her walk in the rain. She apparently hates it. She's your bff for life if you have any sort of food and are willing to share. She giggles the loudest when Max does anything silly. She loves playing with Max and is his shadow. She gives the best hugs with soft little pats on your shoulder. She is the sweetest little girl, and we love her.
TGIF!! Never have I loved Fridays so much. Let's jump to some of my favorite moments of the week.
1. I love watching the relationship between Max and Emma grow. They sit by each other and have little conversations. Max does most of the talking and Emma will say the occasional 'yes!' or 'that!'.
2. Max's play date with his friend when we made cookies. I love H's mom and having adult conversations during the day is always nice!
3. Fall tv shows are back! Happy dance! I'm most excited about Parenthood. It's the final season and I'm sure I'll cry every episode! #TeamBraverman
4. We have rain!! I've totally missed it and was happy when I woke up to the pouring rain. Then I had to take 3 kids out in the glorious rain....not so glorious. I love the rain, but with 3 kids it was a terrible. Guess I better get use to it, and buy the kid some rainboots. How we've lived here for over a year and i still haven't bought the kids rain boots/coat I'll never know.
5. It hasn't happened yet, but Max's trike-a-thon! It's tomorrow and Max is so excited!! It's been a daily conversation and a sleep countdown until the fun event! We're all excited about it, and I hope it lives up to our excitement. It's either going to be super amazingly fun or a big fat fail.
It's officially Fall, and so that called for some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies to be made and devoured by all. I found a recipe on the ever trusty Pinterest. Max was going to make them with his friend, and I was happy when I noticed that it didn't call for eggs. Eggs and 4 year olds is a fun mess I didn't want to have.
Before his friend came over, and Max was at school I got all the ingredients ready for their little hands.
The goods you'll need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (melt the butter if you want the cookies to be chewy or soften if you want cake like cookies...really does it matter? No, because either way these cookies are good.) 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon allspice 1/2 cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix the butter and sugars together in one bowl, and then whisk in the pumpkin puree and the vanilla. In a larger bowl mix all the dry ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix, mix, mix. You'll fold in the chocolate chips as bakers say, and of course eat a few, because why not. The dough needs to chill for 30 minutes. When you're ready to get baking, preheat the oven to 350. Bake the goodness for 8-10 minutes. Let them cool before devouring or you'll be sorry. (To read better directions from the amazing baker whose recipe I love click here.)
This recipe is so easy, and I love it so much... if you haven't noticed. I've made it 4 times total in a matter of days. Ian took some to work, I gave some to the mom of the kiddo I nanny, and we have a play date tomorrow where some will be eaten. They are good people.
Friday: started off with a modeling session with Emma.
She can work the camera, and has the poses of all the fashion bloggers down.
When Ian got home we jumped in the car and headed to West Seattle to watch the sunset. We saw a food truck on the way and stopped and got some food for the view.
Emma and I took selfies while Ian waited on the food and Max took a nappy.
Saturday: We went to the mall and let the kiddos play in the playarea which really is like a kid version of hunger games. Kids are running every where, kids trying to get on the play structures, pushing the younger ones out of the way to get to one of three slides. Emma was pushed by a bigger kid and fell while crawling around the boat. She cried and I told the kid in a mean mom voice to be careful! What's the point in having the dumb stork picture saying if you're under this height you can play and all the big kids are at least 6 and obviously way taller. Really parents?
After the chaos we went on a nice drive and wound up at a cute park by the lake. There was a beach area where we let the kiddos play in the sand.
Emma was fearless and would have gone fully clothed into the water.
Max made a sandcastle and wrote his name in the sand.
Sunday: We ventured out to the Ballard Sunday Farmers Market. I loved it! So much goodness all around. We left with corn, fresh mini donuts, beautiful flowers, and a poem.
I let Emma and Max try my green goddess juice and they did not like it at all. The looks of disgust were awesome.
Now we wait for the SNF game, and hope for a better outcome than last week....
How's your weekend going? Do you hit up the farmers market in your area?
**I thought I posted this last night but apparently I didn't. Steelers won so everyone is happy!**
Friday: Friday is my favorite F word these days. I nannied, the kids had a dance party...the usual. The Sounders had a game, so the kiddos and I watched from home. What. A. Game. We won in stoppage time, and clinched a playoff spot! First team in the mls to do so incase you were wondering. I know you were.
Saturday: We spent the day at the fair. We played games.
We saw some animals.
Some had a more relaxing experience than others.
We went on rides. Max rode two kiddie rollercoasters and a helicopter ride. He had some major F. U. N.
Sunday: Football. This will be the norm for our Sundays, and I don't hate it. Ian also sent me away to go get a manicure. I didn't ask questions and left quickly!
A couple pictures that make my frozen heart melt.
Did you have a good weekend? Did your football team win? If you're a Ravens fan, I don't need to hear about your team. :)
Friday is finally here. I felt like it took forever for my favorite day of the week to come upon on us again. Linking up with the always lovely Lauren.
Let's get right to it, shall we?
1. I could not get over Emma in her overalls. I kept taking pictures of her all day, and I don't think she was too impressed with the iphone being shoved in her space. Get use to it sweetie pie. For Halloween Max wants Emma to be Agnes from Despicable Me and he'll be a purple minion.
2. Max started school and he now wants to pick out his outfits for the day. If I even suggest a shirt...it's just a bad idea so I don't do it. He's loving school and comes home talking about the words he's learned that start with the letter L (letter of the week).
3. The husband got a promotion at work, which was super exciting for us. We celebrated with some bubbly, which mine went directly into orange juice because straight up bubbly is not my idea of yumminess. Mimosas are in fact yummy.
4. Did you hear, did you hear? Gilmore Girls is coming to Netflix, and that's the best news ever. I love GG and have talked about it quite a bit here. I know my Dad is excited about this because he just loves how much Rory and Lorelai talk and talk. (By loves I mean totally does not love!) Binge watching episodes of Stars Hollow are in your future Dad!
5. Emma discovered how to take selfies, and take selfies she did.