9/8/14

Pre-K

Today was Max's first day of pre-k.  He was ready to go after he had breakfast and asked if it was time to go about 20 times.  

He likes to see his name. 

Before we left for school we took his first day of pre-k picture.  Last year he wanted to be a hockey player.  Oh I'll just show you last years picture. 

Oh he looks so little!!!

This year:

I wanted to cry. Okay really I wanted to sob, but I held it together.  We walked into his school, he put his lunch in the lunch basket, kissed me and said "I love you mommy!",  walked into class, looked back at me to wave, and went in with his new little classmates. 

Sob, sob, sob!!! 

When I picked him up he was all smiles. We had a conversation...

Me: Did you have a good day?!
Max: Yeah
Me: What did you learn about?!
Max: Butterflies
Me: What about butterflies?
Max: I don't know. 
Me: Did you make new friends?!
Max: Yeah
Me: What are their names?
Max: I don't know. 

So after our in depth convo I got that he very much enjoyed his first day, and wants to go back.  Happy dance!!


This kid has my heart. I'm happy he had a great day, I'm happy he's growing up, but sometimes when I look at him I see him as my newborn baby boy. 


Excuse me while I go sob. 

2 comments: