9/25/14

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Goodness

It's officially Fall, and so that called for some Pumpkin  Chocolate Chip Cookies to be made and devoured by all.  I found a recipe on the ever trusty Pinterest.  Max was going to make them with his friend, and I was happy when I noticed that it didn't call for eggs.  Eggs and 4 year olds is a fun mess I didn't want to have.  

Before his friend came over, and Max was at school I got all the ingredients ready for their little hands. 


The goods you'll need:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (melt the butter if you want the cookies to be chewy or soften if you want cake like cookies...really does it matter? No, because either way these cookies are good.)
1/4 cup  light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup  granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix the butter and sugars together in one bowl, and  then whisk in the pumpkin puree and the vanilla.  In a larger bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.  Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix, mix, mix.  You'll fold in the chocolate chips as bakers say, and of course eat a few, because why not.  The dough needs to chill for 30 minutes.  When you're ready to get baking, preheat the oven to 350.  Bake the goodness for 8-10 minutes.  Let them cool before devouring or you'll be sorry.  (To read better directions from the amazing baker whose recipe I love click here.)

This recipe is so easy, and I love it so much... if you haven't noticed.  I've made it 4 times total in a matter of days.  Ian took some to work, I gave some to the mom of the kiddo I nanny, and we have a play date tomorrow where some will be eaten.  They are good people.


2 comments:

  1. Yummy! One of my favorite fall treats!

    ReplyDelete