10/23/14

Countdown of Sorts

Playing along with Erin.  Go read up!

Five things I'll be doing over the coming weekend:
1. Watching Ian play hockey.  Technically his game is tonight, but it's a good kick off to our weekend, right?

2. Spending the weekend with our sweet friends from Canada who we haven't seen in awhile. I love when our kids get together, and now that Emma is older it will be way cuter to watch them interact with each other.  

3. Halloween crafts will be happening this weekend, and we'll be snacking on these while we get out craft on.

4. Watching Max stand up on the ice.  Ian took him on Tuesday to get more practice in, and he stood up by himself!  I'm so bummed I missed it, but Emma and I took a trip to Stars Hollow and we liked it.  I can't wait for his hockey practice on Sunday!

5. Making a big pot of soup!  I'm not sure what kind of soup yet.  I have a date with Pinterest later.  Speaking of pinterest....

Four of my current favorite pins from Pinterest:

1/2/3/4

Three items that I really need or would really love to purchase:
1. Rain boots for the kids.  We've been in WA for over a year, it's pouring outside right now, and the kids still don't have rain boots.  #seattlemommyfail 
1/2
2. Peppermint coffee creamer.  Though I do enjoy all things pumpkin, PSL isn't at the top of my list. Gasp. I know. 

3. Finding a new book to read.  I saw Gone Girl, and it was so good.  Books are always better, but I don't know if I can read all that crazy. I get scared easily.  The one thing that drives Ian nuts. I say one thing, but I'm sure there's way more. Ha!

Two things that are bothering me:
1. The continuous chatter of working moms vs SAHM.  There are always people in the world who have to find something to cause an uproar about, and get people taking sides.  It's crazy. I think we can all agree that mothers just want what's best for their kids. If that means working, great.  If that means, staying at home with them, great.  How about we get in an uproar about parents/people that do bad things to kids.  Get angry about that.

2. Totally random, but it's Thursday which means Parenthood is on.  WHY for the love does someone need to die in their farewell season?  WHY?   

One quote that speaks straight to my soul right now:

Psalms 68:5 - Restoral: Issues in the classroom for grieving kids; blog post from 9/26/2013
Since my miscarriage it's been rough.  I take each day at a time.  I want to feel okay, and I need to realize that it's going to take time.  

4 comments:

  1. I like peppermint creamer the best too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree!! I still love the peppermint white choc mocha from Starbucks more, but the creamer is still good.

      Delete
  2. I'm on the hunt for rain boots for my son too. Fall rain is officially here in the Seattle area. I love pumpkin flavored things, but bring on the eggnog & peppermint!

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is definitely here! The storm Saturday night was crazy!

      Delete