12/19/14

Hey Santa

So this happened yesterday.  Before we went to see Santa, I tried to prepare Emma for the meeting.  We've seen Santa twice before and I had her wave to him and tell him hi, which she did happily.  Max saw him yesterday at school and informed me, "I'm not sitting on his lap." Okay then.  

Today we got to the mall and there was this kid (maybe 2) dressed like an elf and he was screaming, crying, red faced, hated Santa, and let us all know it.  I thought for sure Emma was going to freak.  She didn't.  We walked up to him.  Max sat on his lap, I held Emma and she waved hi.  I tried to sit her down and she clung to me with a death grip.  There was no way she was going to let me let her go.  I somehow was able to pry her off me and have her stand by him.  With every click of the camera she got further and further away from him.  When we were done she happily said goodbye with a huge smile on her face. 

Even though there isn't a smile on her face, I think it turned out great!  6 days until Christmas!! Can you believe only one more Friday in the year 2014?   I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment