12/31/14

Our Year

Looking at pictures from this year turns me into a sappy mess. Max and Emma have grown so much! 

It's hard not to let my miscarriage define 2014 for me. It was such and still is a low point for me. Something I struggle with every day.  This year was a good one though. We went on so many adventures, made memories, and have watched Max and Emma grow into their little selfs...tantrums included. 


Some of my favorite moments this year:

1. Our trip to Boise. Ian and Brian have been bffs forever. I'd always heard about his wife, Ashley, but hadn't met her. The minute I met her, it was like I'd known her my whole life. Our kiddos got along great, and I can't wait to see them in the new year!


2. Exploring Seattle never gets old. The view of the city is amazing. Those two boys are pretty amazing too.


3. Our trip to NM! It was my first trip alone with the kiddos. The layover was terrible. Our bags arrived late. I was a hot mess, but the trip was so worth it. I have yet to brave a trip on my own again! Look at how little both Max and Emma look!


4.  I completed a half marathon. It seems like this was a lifetime ago. I'm slowly getting back into running again. I want another pretty medal. 


5. Mother's Day with my loves was one of the best days this year and special.


6. Emma turned one! My girl loves her some sugar. Her birthday was pink. Tons of pink, and lots of fun. 


7. Our trip to AK! I love summertime in Alaska.  Max and Emma had some major fun on this trip getting to play with their cousins.  Max is already planning our next visit. 


8. My family came to visit and we took a selfie at a Sounders match. I love them. 



9. Max turned 4 and started preschool! When did my baby get so big?! I love that he's in prek and learning so much. He soaks it all in, and my teacher heart wants to burst. I. Love. It. 



10.  Our little angel.  Miscarriage is sad. It's heartbreaking, lonely, and changes you. I guess I feel like I don't want the baby we lost to be forgotten.  A couple days before Christmas Ian thought we should get an ornament for the baby.  I loved the idea.  I think I'll keep this ornament out year round. 

I'm ready for 2015. 

Happy New Years friends! I hope 2015 brings you happiness, joy, lots of love, and many fun adventures! 

6 comments:

  1. beautiful ornament! Hope 2015 is a good one for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Seattle Rock N Roll half (or full if I'm really motivated) marathon is on my to-do list! So many good running events in the area, though!

    -Elise L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the Rock n Roll half marathon. I think I want to do the Hot Chocolate run!

      Delete
    2. My husband and I did the Hot Chocolate 5k a couple years ago and we're doing the 15k this year! They give great sweatshirts instead of T-shirts and it's so fun to finish and get a hot chocolate & a bowl of chocolate fondue! If that's not motivation to finish, I don't know what is!

      Elise L.

      Delete
    3. I was solely thinking of the chocolate! Haha!

      Delete