2/23/15

Soon to be Elementary Student

We went to pick up a registration packet for Kindergarten.  I had to give myself a pep talk in the car.  I kept saying. "I can do this." "We're just picking up a packet."  "I won't cry."  I kept repeating it as I was unbuckling Max and he looked at me and said, "Why do you keep saying that? Stop saying that Mommy."  Rolling his eyes at me.  He has no idea how big this moment is for me.  I took a deep breath, and we walked up the steps and went towards the school.  It's a really nice school.  We walked in and the smile on his face made me feel better. I could feel his excitement  The nice lady in the front office answered my questions, and asked me if I was doing okay.  I told her I was trying not to cry, and she gave me a sympathetic look and reassured me that everything is going to be okay.

I honestly don't know how we got to this point so quickly.  I swear we just brought him home from the hospital, and here we are registering for elementary school.  How?  I look at him, and I see my sweet little newborn.  I know when the first day of school comes, I'm going to be a sobbing mess.  I'm going to probably embarrass him.  That's what moms do, right?  I have until September to get better at these pep talks I'm giving myself.  Until then....tears.


Soon to be elementary student.


No comments:

Post a Comment