3/30/15

4 Weeks Fitness Challenge

The 4 week challenge is complete!!  Woohoo!!  I rocked 2 of my 3 goals.  I had no coffee, and I stuck to Whole30.  My workouts could have been way better, and I think had I rocked that goal I would have seen even better results.

Goals:
Drink only water and tea: I decided to not drink coffee for 30 days because I was drinking way too much of the yummy goodness. You could have called me a Gilmore for sure with the amounts I was consuming in a day.  No wonder I couldn't sleep at night!  I do plan on drinking coffee again, but not as much, and not with my sugary creamer that I love so much.

I LOVE COFFEE - This belongs on office wall... Right above our three coffee makers and wall of Melitta coffee.

Workout consistently (at least 5x a week): Big #fail to this one.  I was active this month, but not with designated workouts.  I need to make this habit.  Obviously. I did start running again, and I'm liking it!
Even if you can't physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. NEVER GET DISCOURAGED! #Fitspiration #FitnessMotivation #KeepPushing


Sticking to Whole30: My first go round with Whole30 was a success! I lost 8 lbs, and a total of 5 inches.  I'm down a pant size, which I would say is exciting, but I went up a pant size after the miscarriage.  So basically I'm back to where I was before the miscarriage happened.  I have a lot of work to do, but I know I can do it.  Ian asked if after the 30 days I was going to eat everything I couldn't.  I will tell you that at the strike of midnight you will not find me in the kitchen binge eating on chocolate, cheese or wine.  Honestly, I'm kind of scared.   Before I did Whole30 I would get stomach aches often, couldn't sleep (all that coffee), and just felt sluggish.  Now, I feel good.  I sleep good.  I haven't had a stomach ache at all.   I don't want to mess all that up, but I do miss oatmeal.  I miss having protein pancakes.  I don't think I'll go crazy will all that I haven't been eating or drinking, but I think now I'll be more conscious of what I'm putting into my body.  We only have this body, might as well treat it good, right?

Treat your body right with this MINI MORNING WORKOUT!

I really liked the 4 week fitness challenge that Erin and Kristin hosted.  It really put things into perspective. Not only about fitness, but how I think about myself.  I think we're always our hardest critic, and can be so hard on ourselves.  Choosing to be healthy is a lifestyle change, not just 30 days.  I know this, and I think before you really decide to make a change you have to be ready mentally.  I think from here on out, as long as I keep this blog going, once a month I'll check in with you all to let you know how I'm doing with my fitness.  

Love, Fun & football

8 comments:

  1. You go girl!! :) Congrats on the weight loss and for rocking the Whole30 challenge! :) I'm glad you linked up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was a great and motivating link up!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! You did awesome! And I think being active is more important than necessarily having designated workouts because then being active becomes your lifestyle and you can share that with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you!!! I think Whole30 looks insanely hard and you KILLED it! Good for you!!!!! :) that's a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me tell you I missed chocolate, cheese and wine, but it was totally doable! There's so many great recipes on Pinterest that helped.

      Delete
  4. Great job on your goals! I'm so glad you are feeling so good. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete