5/15/15

For My Little Brother

I can vividly remember the day my brother came into the world. From that moment on he changed my world. I was 13, and here was this baby boy who was my little brother.  I can remember his first belly giggles,  when he got baptized, celebrating his first birthday, and so much more. 

Then he grew up and would call me "mom" when we were at the store together. It would drive me crazy, and he knew this... I didn't appreciate him or the time I spent with him before I went off to college. He was a pain in the butt, and I was dumb and thought I was too cool. 

Now here we are 18 years later and my little brother is graduating from high school. He's a great kid. So freaking smart (he finished third in his class!), and just a good person. He's funny and loves to go on rants. He's caring and is such a great Uncle to Max and Emma.  He' a hard worker and all the awards he got at his award ceremony show just how hard he worked over the last four years of high school.




Antonio,
I'm so proud of you. You have grown up to be such an amazing brother and uncle. I don't care if you're taller than me, you will always be my little brother.  I have a hard time putting into words how much you mean to me and how proud of you I am.  I pretty much just want to cry, and am as I'm typing this.  I can't believe you're graduating, and I still see you as my little brother who came into the world right before my eyes.  
 
 “You have brains in your head. 
You have feet in your shoes. 
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. 
You're on your own. And you know what you know. 
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!”
Dr. Seuss 

I love you!

2 comments: