7/14/15

A Concert in the Park

Today Emeral invited us to join her and A at a concert in the park.  It was at Kelsey Creek Farm, which we love.  We quickly got ready and were out the door 40 minutes later.  We got there 30 minutes early, and the parking lot was full.   We parked in a residential area, which I later found out wasn't okay.  Oops. When we got to the park Max grabbed Emma's hand and said, "I'll hold your hand Emma." and my heart exploded.  It was the cutest, most sweetest thing ever.  


It was only 70 out, but sitting in direct sunlight, it felt like 90.  I lathered the kiddos up with sunblock, and they enjoyed a couple snacks before the concert started.  Once Recess Monkey took the stage, kiddos started dancing.  My two kiddos did not. I looked over at Max and it looked like he was being tortured.  I asked him what was wrong and he said it was too loud for him.  Emma looked bored and was having more fun playing with wood chips.  Emeral suggested we go look at animals, and the minute that was brought up my kiddos were happy.  

I've never seen them perform before, but I thought they were pretty good!

Emma sees an animal, no matter what it is, and she is full of "Awwww"s and heart eye emojis. 

They were checking out the cows.  Side note.  If you dress up like a cow today you get free food at Chick-Fil-A.  Mooo it up people. 

"Mommy! Take a picture of me driving the tractor!" Emma was thrilled with his driving. 

We came home for lunch and to make Popsicles.  These ones are Banana Peanut butter.  I threw in 3 frozen bananas, a tbsp of peanut butter, a tbsp or so of Greek yogurt and mixed it up until is was smooth.  We gave it a taste test to make sure it tasted good, and let me tell you...so good.   

What's your go to Popsicle?  Have a great rest of your day! 

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I think there are kids concerts at Juanita Beach Park in Kirkland sometime during the week too. We went last summer. ....aaand now I'm going to go make some popsicles:)

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They turned out so creamy and good! We should plan to meet there one of these Tuesdays. :)

      Delete
  2. I love that Max wanted to hold Emma's hand! I really need to get a popsicle mold. We've been buying healthy-ish ones from the store, but it'd be so much cheaper (and healthier!) to make our own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mold we use is from Target. I think it was in the dollar section before summer. I love it, and when the popsicle melts, you can drink the juice from the side straw.

      Delete