7/1/15

A Post with No Pictures

Last Thursday and I had my first interview in over 8 years.  I was nervous, excited, and ready.  Then I got there and I sat down in front of 5 women who were ready to fire off questions at me.  Nervous wreck.  Once I started talking about teaching, which I love, the nerves went away.  I left that interview on a high.  I thought it went well, and just being in that atmosphere again felt good.  Fast forward to Friday afternoon and my phone rang.  I answered and it was the principal.  She offered me not only a teaching job, but a job teaching 3rd grade!!!  I was so happy, like Tom Cruise jumping on the couch happy.  After getting things squared away, I accepted the offer.  Max gets to join me, and will now be going to Kinder with his friends.  I can't tell you how happy and full my heart is right now.

Now the hunt for a great daycare for Emma begins.  I know she's going to thrive in that environment, and it's going to be so good for her, but I have a feeling it's going to be hard to find a place.  I toured two places yesterday.  The first place was ah-mazing, but of course, there is a waiting list.  Boo.  The second place was....well the lady giving the tour was trying harder to get me to work there than making a good case on why Emma should go there.   She would also look at Emma and say, "I want one!" as if Emma was something you could just go to the store and purchase.

Also over the weekend I went  for a run.  It's been ridiculously hot here, and I was a sweaty mess.  I dropped my phone.  Shattered the screen.  Tears for days.  Thus, why this post has no pictures to go with it.   Sad.   I'm using my old iphone, which now I know why I was so eager to upgrade.  The thing doesn't work that well.  Oh well!  Max loves to remind me daily that I dropped my phone, and maybe if I hadn't gone for a run I wouldn't have dropped it.  He loves to pour salt into my wounds.

I hope you all are having a great week.  Happy July!  It's still flippin hot here, and I want some rain! Low 90s with no AC is no bueno.  Do you have any fun plans for the 4th?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So so exciting! Uhh, saying, "I want one!" is really odd. She could've gushed over how cute Emma is, but saying that she wants one just comes off as bizarre. It has been WAY TOO HOT here! No AC for us either. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It was totally bizarre! I think I may have to plan trips to places with AC...Target, the mall...haha.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the job! Congrats! I'm sure you will find something great for Emma... where there are no crazy people coveting your children. :/
    And I'm sorry about your phone, that stinks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I think I may have found a place today!! Fingers crossed.

      Delete