7/13/15

Case of the Mondays

We all have a case of the Mondays today...before I get into that let's talk about our weekend!  Saturday started bright and early for me.  I had two tests I had to do to for my teacher certification.  One I passed, and the other I missed passing (aka failed) by ONE question.  One.  I was so upset.  I compared it to losing in the Stanley Cup finals, but Ian didn't agree with me.  I'll have to take it again, but luckily the district I'm going to teach in pays for it.  

Saturday night we went to A's birthday party.  He turned 2! It was a Sesame Street fun filled party.  Max and Emma had so much fun, and were fast asleep in the car before we got home that night.   I took pictures, but with my sad, old phone the pictures didn't turn out so great. 

Sunday we went to the S2 game down at Starfire, and we had a lot of fun.  Max is so into soccer since the soccer camp.  A couple of the S2 players that moved up to the Sounders were sitting in front of us at the game, and I thought it was really cool!  Ian was like, "Yeah, no big deal."  S2 won 4-0.  They pretty much ran circles around the team they were playing.  


Today Emma woke up crying.  She has a stiff neck.  My poor girl has been miserable.  She had a moment of fun when I let her and Max play with stamps that they got in their party favor bags from A's party.  They were stamping on paper, giggling, having a grand time.  I decided to take the trash out, which took a whole 6 seconds, if that.  I come back into the kitchen and both kids were covered in stamps! 

We needed some groceries and on the way out Starbucks had little frappuccinos to taste test, and so I couldn't say no.  Well I could have, but look how cute they are.  So much goodness in that little cup.  Max asked for a sip, and I told him he could have a frappuccino when he's 21.  Emma asked for a drink of ice cream, and I told her it wasn't ice cream.  She didn't believe me. 

Here's hoping Emma Girl wakes up feeling much better tomorrow.  Hope you all had a great weekend!!  Next week my cousin comes to visit, and I'm so excited!!  

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that you said Max can have a frap when he's 21. I hope Emma feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max did not find me funny. :) Emma's feeling much better! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Being a parent and a college student is SOOOOO difficult. Don't beat yourself up too bad over "missed passing" a test. Sadly, there will be many more. Those mini fraps are so cute! I wouldn't be able to resist either. Although I need an extra large whenever I'm doing school work and tackling my kids at the same time. I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so worth it! Keep up all your hard work!

      Delete